Ochsner LSU Shreveport Pediatric Endocrinology position-Full-time Academic
Ochsner LSU Health System Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport are seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Endocrinologist to join the Department of Pediatrics. We are seeking a full-time physician at the Assistant or the Associate Professor level. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license. This position is for inpatient and outpatient pediatric endocrine/diabetes care, as well as teaching residents and medical students, and provides opportunities for research.
Primary responsibilities include patient care, resident education, and medical student education. Protected time is available to pursue clinical and/or laboratory research interests. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our faculty includes 14 full-time and 7 part-time General Pediatricians and 21 full-time subspecialists, including Allergy/Immunology, Cardiology, Child Abuse, Critical Care, Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurology, Pulmonology, and Rheumatology, as well as pediatric specialists in ENT, Neurosurgery, OMFS, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Surgery -including Burn Surgery and Trauma/SICU, and Urology
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit 40 bed unit
- 23 pediatric beds in patient ward and an 8-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- One of 8 Children s Hospitals in the country affiliated with St. Jude Children s Research Hospital
- Children s Clinical Research Center with a dedicated 3-bed clinical trial unit and laboratory, which supports 10-12 NIH and Pharma-sponsored clinical trials annually. Inpatient and outpatient subjects.
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans Available
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
Apply for Ochsner LSU Shreveport Pediatric Endocrinology position-Full-time Academic
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly