Physician - Academics - Program Director-Rheumatology
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF CLINICAL FACULTY WITH BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL GROUP IN TUCSON, AZ.
The Division of Rheumatology and Department of Medicine is actively recruiting an outstanding experienced clinician to join an academic faculty team that provides patient care in the inpatient and outpatient setting, teaching of medical students, residents and fellows, as well as opportunities for research. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead an established fellowship program with an affiliation with the University of Arizona Arthritis Center. The physician hired will have a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona with the appointment being consistent with the candidate's credentials.
- Board Certified in Rheumatology
- Position is open to experienced physicians with 5+ years of post-training experience
- Prior experience teaching medical students, residents and fellows
- 1.0 FTE
- Average patient load: 6-8 per 4 hour session
- Work Schedule: Ambulatory Outpatient Clinic with robust inpatient consult service
- Treatment of patients with complex multisystem rheumatic diseases
- Teach and mentor residents and fellows
Program Director Essential Functions:
- .2 FTE protected time
- Activities involving education, evaluation, recruitment, interviewing and selection of fellows
- Administration and regulatory compliance of the Rheumatology Fellowship Program
Banner University Medicine Rheumatology team of physicians, nurses and other health-care staff delivers care to adult patients with arthritis and musculoskeletal problems such as:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory myopathies
- Common musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- 22 vacation days & 6 holidays
- 5 CME days, with $5,000 in reimbursement each year
- Paid malpractice
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
Banner – University Medicine is a partnership between Banner Health and the University of Arizona that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – University Campus, is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report and has the Magnet® designation for outstanding nursing care.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- Excellent K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Year round outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and bird watching
- Moderate cost of living
SUBMIT YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics - Program Director-Rheumatology
Apply for Physician - Academics - Program Director-Rheumatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly