Chief of GI and Hepatology at Ochsner LSU Health System North Louisiana
Ochsner LSU Health System North Louisiana Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana is in search of a Chief of our Gastrointestinal Department
What we seek:
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist at least 5 years of relevant experience in a leadership role, leading or teaching a team
- Excellent clinician and a strong academic background
- Experience as a current Chief, Medical Director or Assistant Medical Director of a similarly sized program.
- Success in: building or assisting in building, a significant Gastrointestinal program, leading and mentoring a group of physicians, engaged with quality and process department improvement, problem solving, and financial performance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid Malpractice coverage
- Generous retirement benefits
- GME allowance
Department and Faculty Highlights for this Position
- Will lead 6 physicians, 3 advance practice providers and 9 fellows and will divide their time among direct patient care and teaching medical students and participating in clinical and basic science research
- GI procedures totaled over 7000 in 2019 and growing!
Interested candidates, please submit your CV directly to our Director of Physician Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
J1 Visas accepted
Ochsner LSU Health System North Louisiana is a partner with Ochsner Health System, Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.LSU is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OCHSNER LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT
In October 2018, Ochsner Health System and the State of Louisiana created a public-private partnership, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport that oversees and coordinates activities between the health sciences center and the healthcare delivery system in North Louisiana. Building on the strength of its partners, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport is working to improve the health and
well-being of the communities throughout North Louisiana.
LSU and Ochsner have committed to growing the medical school class size to 200 students over the next five years, and LSUHS welcomed its largest class of 150 students in August 2019. Ochsner and LSUHS are also working closely to grow research that benefits patients.
- Invested more than $68 million in infrastructure and technology in 2019
- More than 120 physicians hired and added more than 150 new jobs
- Minimum wage increase to $12 an hour, impacting more than 320 employees
- With a primary focus on increasing access to care, our total patient visits increased by more than 71,000
- Decreased the number of days until the next available appointment by more than 30%
- Launched TeleStroke and TeleICU program to expand access to critical care services in Monroe
- Expansion of new clinics in the community (Asthma, Allergy and ENT, GI, Primary Care, Neurosurgery and Neurology, Urgent Care)
Apply for Chief of GI and Hepatology at Ochsner LSU Health System North Louisiana
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly