Chairman of Pathology
St. Luke s University Health Network is currently accepting applications for the position of Chair of Pathology. As Chair of Pathology you will be responsible for providing strategic vision, leadership and accountability for all aspects of the service. The Chair of Pathology will be dedicated to high quality, value-driven care, education and innovation.
- The Chair oversees a group of 15 Pathologists that support a twelve-hospital network.
- The Chair will support the mission and values of our health care network and drive optimum utilization of services and outstanding outcomes.
- The Chair will be responsible for supervising and collaborating with associate pathologists, laboratory administrative directors and other health care professionals in the provision of anatomic and clinical laboratory services.
- The Chair will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic vision for the Network s laboratory services department.
- The Chair will support the School of Medicine and Residency programs in the Network.
- Our group provides comprehensive diagnostic testing services, with approximately 56,000 surgical cases, 5,100 non-gyn (1,700 FNA), and 20,600 gyn cases. We have a congenial, strong, team-oriented generalist professional staffing model of 15 pathologists, 7 pathology assistants and gross room technologists, 4 cytotechs and excellent histology and support staff in Anatomic Pathology.
- We have active and well-recognized neurosurgery, oncologic surgery, gynecologic oncology, dermatology and cardiothoracic oncologic surgery programs.
- We value expertise and dedication to high quality patient care, commitment to medical education and good hospital citizenship. We also promote pathologist leadership development through network hospital medical directorships.
- An important aspect of the Chair s role is to collaborate with all members of the St. Luke s leadership team in accomplishing their goals.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop trust and work cooperatively in a diverse environment are essential.
- Candidates will have demonstrated effective leadership experience as well as a commitment to quality and safety.
- This job requires knowledge of administrative procedures, quality measurement and regulations related to the practice of medicine.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, financial management and budget maintenance.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Competitive income structure
- Excellent benefits
- Paid malpractice
- An open and collaborative environment.
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts.
The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation and is just a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn. For more information about the Lehigh Valley, please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com
Apply for Chairman of Pathology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly