Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Medical Director for Network Performance
Banner Health Insurance Division- Tucson and Southern AZ
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF PHYSICIANS LEADERS WITH BANNER HEALTH IN AN ADMINISTRATIVE ROLE as the Medical Director for Network Performance. This a full-time position based out of Tucson, with the option to work remote within Arizona and travel to Tucson when needed.
Physician leader needed to participate in clinical performance improvement initiatives of network clinics, hospitals, and aligned entities in the Tucson and Southern Arizona markets for the Banner Health insurance Division. This leader will collaborate with other Insurance Division team members within the population health services organization (PHSO) to deliver on the health care “Quadruple Aim”, with focus on the ACO and value-based payer contracts in Tucson and the southern parts of the state. These could include (but are not limited to) Medicaid, CMS/MSSP, commercial “ACO”, and Medicare Advantage. Given Banner Health’s ownership of multiple insurance products and networks in many markets, this presents an exciting opportunity for growth and advancement as we are now managing over 1 million value-based lives.
The Medical Director for Network Performance will assist in the ongoing evolution of a Clinically Integrated Network in our Southern AZ markets, leading the development of guidelines and practice standards with community physician leaders and other clinicians to ensure success in our value-based payer arrangement. A strong understanding of the value-based payer landscape is preferred, as well as an understanding of operational levers needed to optimize outcomes for Insurance Division members/patients in various care settings: ambulatory clinics, acute care facilities, ancillary facilities, etc.
In any given day, this physician leader will participate in a variety of discussions with an array of stakeholders, from providers in an individual clinic, medical directors/CMOs of health plans, and senior clinical and operational leaders within the Banner Health system. Knowledge of tactics to improve quality/HEDIS metrics, HCC/RAF capture, patient experience, and reduction in avoidable healthcare spending will be important for this position to have/develop. In addition, this position will participate in/lead system projects that will have applicability in multiple Insurance Division markets, which currently include Tucson/Southern AZ, Phx/Maricopa County and the Northern Colorado Front Range.
Qualifications and essential functions include:
- Experienced Board-Certified Physician in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine preferred, minimum 5 years medical practice experience and must be licensed in Arizona.
- Experience preferred in participating with value-based contracts either as practitioner or in leadership and oversight role with initiatives in quality outcomes.
- Current knowledge of clinical protocols, reimbursement challenges, and managed care principles
- Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels within the organization, as well as outside parties.
- Experience in leading clinical groups, including group facilitation, leadership development, team-building, performance management, and driving cultural change, as well as working with physicians and non-physicians to strategize and develop measurable improvements in the quality of clinical care and patient satisfaction.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a patient-centered, healing culture and experience of partnering with clinical staff to achieve desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of modern national trends in healthcare technology, quality and patient safety. Knowledge of health care reform, population health management, and ACO trends and developments
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Apply for Physician - Administration-Administration - Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly