Palliative Medicine Physician
The Department of Palliative Medicine, at Ochsner West Bank and Ochsner -Baptist, Louisiana is seeking a PALLIATIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN to join our expanding team.
- Candidates must be HPM or HMD board eligible physicians. Fellowship trained preferred. Board certification must be achieved within 2 years of hire.
- Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and training.
- Provide an extra layer of support to patients with serious illness
- Consults: in-patient and out-patient.
- Provide medical care related to symptom management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team to develop a written plan of care.
- Develop and facilitates goals of care conversations for patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Actively participates in process improvement related to system and department goals.
- Participate in specialty team meetings.
- Serve as collaborating physician to advanced practice providers
- Develop and staff outpatient clinic with advance practice providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in educational initiatives for University of Queensland/Ochsner Clinical school medical students, residents as well as nursing and other allied health professionals training at Ochsner Health
- EPIC electronic health record system wide.
- Opportunity to develop a growing palliative medicine department within Ochsner Health. On track for a palliative medicine fellowship summer 2021
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Complete benefits package
- Relocation Allotment
- This is an employed opportunity with Ochsner Health
Ochsner Baptist, is staffed with an APP and an RN that deliver Palliative Care to the patients on an inpatient basis only. We need a supervisory MD to elevate the program and expand into the outpatient space. Ochsner Baptist is located in the Uptown area of New Orleans, at the corner of Napoleon and S. Claiborne Avenue.
Ochsner West Bank, is staffed with two APP s, and RN as well as a dedicated Chaplain that deliver Palliative Care to the patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. We need a supervisory MD to elevate the program there as well. Ochsner West Bank is located right across the MS River via the Crescent City Connection.
Ochsner Health is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Interested physicians should apply HERE
Sorry, but we are unable to accept J1 visa candidates.Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Palliative Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly