Occupational Health Physician
The team at MaineGeneral Medical Center Workplace Health, MaineGeneral s occupational medicine clinic, is seeking a staff physician enthusiastic about the practice of evidence-based occupational medicine to work in their central Maine clinics.
The competitive candidates should:
- have at least three years' experience in occupational medicine (urgent and primary care experience may be acceptable);
- be experienced in or willing to practice evidence-based occupational medicine in accordance with applicable laws and guidelines;
- be board certified or eligible, with a preference for board certification in occupational medicine;
- be certified to perform commercial motor vehicle driver examinations; and
- be certified or willing to become certified as a medical review officer.
MaineGeneral Workplace Health serves Kennebec and Somerset counties in central Maine, which includes the state capital, Augusta. Many of our current responsibilities are with State of Maine governmental organizations and include consultation with, and surveillance of, State of Maine personnel. We currently have five industry site clinics staffed by Workplace Health's medical team that affords our staff exposure to a stimulating variety of work environments. Our primary clinics are in MaineGeneral Health facilities in Augusta and Waterville, where we have convenient access to hospital resources.
There are currently seven Workplace Health medical staff who work together collegially, along with nurses and medical assistants at Workplace Health, MaineGeneral Medical Center Employee Health Services, and wellness and employee assistance programs. Workplace Health clinics generally operate between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. There is no call, and evening and weekend work is rare.
Benefits of practicing at MaineGeneral Workplace Health include:
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Disability and life insurance plans
- Generous educational loan repayment program
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation allowance
- Continuing Medical Education time and dollars
- Retirement plans with employer match
Apply for Occupational Health Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly