Physician - Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine
The North Florida/South Georgia VA Health System has one of the largest Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine programs in the Veterans Health Administration and is in need of a dynamic physician with academic and clinical expertise to assist with this large and growing program. The VA and University programs are intimately integrated, the university teaching hospital is geographically located adjacent to the Gainesville VA Medical Center, Florida.
The physician should be ACGME Board Eligible, Board Certified or have completed an accredited fellowship program in Pulmonary and Critical Care. The successful candidate must meet criteria for academic appointment at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level at our academic affiliate.
The Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine Physician will participate in the coverage of the Medical Intensive Care Unit. This requires 24/7 coverage and will include rotating 12-hour day and night shifts. The MICU attending physician must be onsite for their assigned shift. VHA Out of OR Airway Management (OORAM) training is required for this duty. The candidate will participate in an inpatient and outpatient Pulmonary consultative services, bronchoscopy and other invasive procedure coverage and in teaching of students, residents and fellows rotating through the VA. A wide variety of patients including those with chronic obstructive lung disease, interstitial lung disease, asthma, sarcoidosis, lung cancer, pulmonary hypertension and sleep disordered breathing are evaluated in the outpatient clinics.
- Board certified, board eligible or have completed an accredited fellowship program in Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care medicine
- Must be eligible for academic appointment at the University of Florida at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level
- Excellence in teaching
- Experience in clinical research
- Expertise in Interventional Pulmonary
- Expertise in Interstitial Lung Disease
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment/relocation incentive may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/31/2020.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. The work requires occasional periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. The incumbent must be capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on Veteran needs.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician - Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly