Emergency Medicine Chair
Ochsner Health System, located in New Orleans, Louisiana is seeking a Chair for the Department of Emergency Medicine at Ochsner Medical Center- Jefferson Highway. The successful candidate will join a multi-hospital, expanding 85+physician emergency medicine service line.
We seek a board certified Emergency Medicine physician with proven ability to lead a large academic medical center to serve as Chair. We are searching for an individual with leadership skills, who enjoys direct patient care in a group practice setting, teaching residents and fellows, and will participate in our new Emergency Medicine Residency Program that will launch in 2020.
- Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans is a major transfer center with extreme case complexity seeing 65,000+ visits/year
- All facilities utilize Epic electronic health records integrating care across the system and facilitating seamless multi-hospital practice
- Advanced Practice Providers and scribes facilitate practice performance
- Operational excellence with less than 1% LWBS
- Employed physician group that offers competitive fair market compensation plus benefits
- All specialties available for consultation and easy one-call transfer from our community emergency departments to our main campus
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 60 health centers. Ochsner employs more than 1,400 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 600 clinical research studies. Our medical school, the Ochsner Clinical School, in partnership with the University of Queensland in Australia, enrolls 130 medical students each year. We are also one of the largest non-university based physician training centers in the U.S. and the largest teaching hospital in Louisiana. Ochsner is proud to be recognized among the top hospitals in the nation. Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in three specialty categories and as well as receiving five star ratings for six conditions and/or procedures. Ochsner was also recognized by Becker s Hospital Review as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
For more information and to apply CLICK HERE
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Chair
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly