Hospitalist Service job descriptions have been standardized across the Yale New Haven Health System. It is acknowledged and agreed that each delivery network will have variations in physician responsibilities in order to support patient needs, provider complement, teaching programs, and requirements/bylaws of each delivery network. Physician responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities listed below. The primary function of the Physician working for the Hospitalist Service is to provide comprehensive care to medicine inpatients and as applicable, in collaboration with Physician Assistants (PA), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Associate Director(s), Director and/or Manager of the Hospitalist Service.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Clinical Practice:
- 1.1 Provides care to medicine inpatients assigned to the Hospitalist Service, ensuring safe, high quality, patient-centered and efficient care.
- 2. Education
- 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Regularly provides related teaching and education to unit nurses and as applicable, to PAs/NPs, medical students, residents, and students from APP programs (PA or APRN).
- 3. Quality Improvement/Customer Satisfaction
- 3.1 Participates in team-based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives.
- 4. Patient Safety
- 4.1 Practices medicine in a manner which maximizes patient safety.
- 5. Operations
- 5.1 Follows all NEMG and respective hospital entity policies and procedures.
M.D./D.O degree, full residency training and Board eligibility/certification in internal medicine/family practice mandatory. Must have attending medical staff privileges at respective YNHHS entity.
Two (2) years caring for medicine inpatients as resident and/or attending physician.
Hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
Hours can vary as per shift if per diem or by role designated by Hospital Leadership
To learn more, please contact:Natasha Rotella, In-House Physician Recruiter at Natasha.Rotella@ynhh.org
or Call Direct at 203-502-6515
Apply for Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly