The Medical Specialty Care team provides expert integrated care with clear treatment plans to patients. Specialist Physicians provide evidence-based, solution-focused assessments and interventions geared toward optimal patient care and outcomes. Medical Specialty is a health care model that is interconnected with patient's medical care and medical care teams and requires specialized training and experience. In addition, this role performs high-level consultation to other physicians and other medical care team members. Physician Specialists work in a fast pace, high volume setting with the ability to effectively pivot from a patient facing to a physician/staff facing role throughout the day. Physician Specialists thrive on being adaptable, flexible, and able to function at a consistently high level.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions -
Work in a fast-paced Specialty Care setting requiring the ability to manage multiple competing demands, constantly re-prioritize, and succinctly communicate relevant information effectively to both patients and medical team members.
Provide expert integrated specialty care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
Work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team collaborating with care teams to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues, while ensuring positive, effective patient experiences.
Demonstrate current knowledge of cultural competency, particularly related to how variables related to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, and culture impact physical and emotional health; demonstrated experience and working understanding of how these variables may impact presentation of various concerns in specialty care settings.
Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients for additional care when appropriate.
Prescribe appropriate medications, treatments and health regimens to treat patient health issues, and documented medical conditions.
Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up to date before prescribing medication/treatment.
Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
Record complete, timely electronic medical records.
Effectively utilize electronic health record and verbal communication to concisely communicate relevant information to staff and patients in a timely manner.
Candidates must meet Required qualifications. If Required qualifications are not met, the candidate will be disqualified from applying from the position. If Preferred qualifications are not met the candidate may still qualify for the position.
Required Minimum Education - minimum education or degree required
- M.D. or D. O. degree from an accredited United States medical school.
- Successful completion of residency and at an accredited healthcare institution.
Preferred Education - education or degree preferred
- Fellowship training in area of specialty.
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation - Licensure or certifications required
- M.D. or D.O.
- Board certification or eligibility in related field.
- Current Stale Medical Practitioner License.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.
CPMG Core Competencies - ALL are required
- Demonstrates transparency in decision making and applies rules and expectations consistently.
- Empowers others by giving autonomy on day-to-day execution of strategy.
- Leads by example by delivering on own commitments and managing operations efficiently.
- Trusts others to deliver on their commitments.
- Gives others a voice by engaging the team in collaboratively defining strategies rather than imposing own agenda.
- Takes a big picture approach by considering future market factors for healthcare.
- Links the benefits of strategies to patient outcomes and organizational performance.
- Provides rationale for ideas to demonstrate feasibility and practicality.
- Breaks down silos to engage other departments and learn from their experiences to support problem solving.
- Sets clear expectations with the team to give direction and establish metrics for success.
- Holds others accountable to mutually agreed upon goals and performance standards.
- Knows the diverse styles of individuals on the team and leverages strengths appropriately.
- Creates open lines of communication to share information and receive feedback.
- Maintains emotional poise and understands the emotional impact of decisions and actions on the team.
- Seizes opportunities to implement innovative ideas.
- Takes initiative to deliver results beyond the status quo.
- Adapts to changing circumstances by maintaining flexibility and quickly changing course.
- Demonstrates openness for taking appropriate risks to achieve results.
Apply for Rheumatologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly