Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Opportunity
Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Opportunity, Buffalo NY at Catholic Health
Catholic Health in Western New York State is recruiting a fellowship trained Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist to join our team.
In this role, you will work adjacent to our Level III Perinatal Center at Sisters of Charity Hospital. You will have the opportunity to work in a system which has a very strong Women s Service Line to support the specialists and staff who care for the mom s and babies in the eight counties of Western New York. Your colleagues and the women s services clinical staff have completed the MOREOB program, a comprehensive performance improvement program that creates a culture of patient safety in obstetrical units.
Your responsibilities would include outpatient imaging and consultative services, very reasonable/light rotational inpatient coverage at our Level III hospital. The fetal testing unit at each site draws from the hospital based OB-GYN Centers as well as private practice physicians in the community. In 2018, a new 40 bed NICU was opened at Sisters of Charity Hospital.
The successful candidate would be a member of the Core Faculty of the OB-GYN Residency Program at Sisters of Charity Hospital with responsibilities to include clinical teaching, teaching rounds, and didactic sessions in rotation. A faculty appointment at SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine is available with rank dependent on experience and academic credentials. Work potentially includes research opportunity through partnership with one of our partnering universities.
You will work with an experienced team of colleagues, OB-GYN providers, including midwives, Board Certified Neonatologists, many subspecialists, that combined, deliver and care for nearly 6,000 babies every year. You would be supported by highly qualified ultrasound technicians in a collegial office setting. The hospitals have well respected labor and delivery units, with both employed and private practice physicians on staff. All of the Catholic Health OB-GYN providers are electronic fetal monitor certified (EFM-C) as well as 100% of the midwives, residents and nurses.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Outpatient office on hospital campus
- Option to deliver patients if desired
- Outstanding team of providers, techs and subspecialists in a collegial environment
- OB-GYN Residency Program is at Sisters location along with the new Level III NICU
- Possible research through university partnership.
- Fellowship trained in Accredited United States MFM Fellowship Program preferred
- Sub-specialty Board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine or board eligible
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
- The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority.
- Letters of recommendation
- Care for pregnant patients in need of Maternal Fetal Medicine services in outpatient setting.
- Routine imaging (aneuploidy screening, anatomic survey, growth), High risk care, fetal imaging
- Specialized ultrasound (fetal echocardiography, Doppler)
- Resident didactic education, clinical rotations, and inpatient teaching rounds.
- Delivery if interested
- Reasonable Call
- Is an integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian Border to the Pennsylvania State Line
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals
- Deliver over half the babies in the area
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, cardiac, vascular, women s and orthopedic care
- Has over 8000 employees
- Has over 1500 affiliated physicians
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
- Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
- Browse over 40 Museums
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
- Has incredible architecture
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.
Apply for Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly