Chief of Urologic Oncology | New Orleans, LA | Tulane Medical Center
The Department of Urology at Tulane University School of Medicine and the Tulane Health Systems is seeking a board certified urologist to join our full-time faculty as the Chief of Urologic Oncology.
In addition to the Tulane Medical Center, the candidates will be part of an expanding medical practice, including the new VA Medical Center and the state-owned University Medical Center and the Tulane Urology Garden District Clinic. The academic appointment will be through the School of Medicine. This is a unique opportunity for individuals to establish a clinical practice and be a part of urology residency and fellowship training, medical student education, and basic and clinical research.
• Urology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, University Medical Center New Orleans and the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System Medical Center.
• Outpatient clinic responsibilities at these sites and at outreach sites as assigned.
• Active participation in the development of urology programs at the above medical centers.
• Proficiency on the Da Vinci robot is essential.
• After hours and weekend interventional coverage in rotation with other faculty.
Teaching responsibilities include formal and informal teaching activities for medicine residents, urology fellows, and medical students.
• Developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies.
• Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected, and at least one publication per year is encouraged.
• Applicants must be at a non-Junior level appointment (Associate Professor or Professor level)
• Proficiency on the Da Vinci robot is essential.
• Applicants must be fellowship trained in Urologic Oncology at an ACGME accredited residency in the US, be eligible for Louisiana state medical license, and be fully credentialed at the Tulane University's hospitals prior to the faculty start date.
• Applicants must be Board Certified in Urology.
• This position requires expertise in patient care, medical knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills, systems-based practice, practice-based learning, and professionalism.
Competitive Benefits Available:
• Competitive compensation
• Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Excellent retirement plan
• Additional outstanding Tulane educational benefits (Tulane tuition waiver and Tuition Exchange Program)
• Malpractice covered by Tulane
About Tulane Medical Center
Tulane Medical Center is an award-winning hospital and ER in New Orleans and offers advanced medical care in the Jefferson and Orleans parishes. The emergency room (ER) is within walking distance of the French Quarter. The New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
About Tulane University School of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine was founded in 1834 by seven brave physicians who sought to form a medical school in New Orleans that would teach others how to care for patients in the midst of an epidemic of cholera and yellow fever. They made history through their service to their patients and the learners under their wings. From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane University has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way. Our Vision is to set the standard for healthcare in our community through acts of kindness, innovation, and discovery. Our Mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
About New Orleans, LA
• Looking for a community with a vibrant culture? Experience New Orleans. Nicknamed the “Big Easy,” New Orleans offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It is also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other.
• NOLA has been named the #1 City for Employment, Income, and Population, according to NerdWallet, to the #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list per the Wall Street Journal.
• There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character—Freret Corridor, Bywater, Central Business District & Warehouse District, Garden District, Faubourg Marigny, Gentilly, and many others! Whether a townhouse, double-gallery home, center-hall home or bungalow--we have the community for you!
• Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Woodward Design + Build, Entergy Corporation, Whitney Holding Corp., Boh Bros Construction and Superior Energy Services.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to: Medin Powell, Physician Recruiter. Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified.
This position does NOT qualify for any Visa sponsorship.
Tulane University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply for Chief of Urologic Oncology | New Orleans, LA | Tulane Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly