Physician - Hospitalist
The Finger Lakes Healthcare System is seeking an energetic full-time permanent Hospitalist. Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice. The selected Hospitalist is accountable to the Associate Chief of Staff for Acute Care & Specialties and the Chief of Staff. The physician-hospitalist is an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of patient's acute care needs and coordinates subspecialty evaluation and treatment.The provider has responsibilities for the evaluation, care, and disposition of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, determining need for hospitalization or transferring the patient to another facility. Must be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine, and experienced at management of medical conditions requiring hospitalization, and interested in engaging in ongoing process improvement with respect to measures of quality care, patient safety, patient satisfaction, patient and family education, utilization management, cost control.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide coverage for Acute Inpatient Medical Unit
- Taking calls on Medicine patients in-house (inpatient, acute) and CLC
- Managing emergencies and writing admission orders and completing required paperwork
- Managing transfers into and out of the facility
- Coordinating hand-off communication after hours
- Participate in, and at times lead, clinical and education administrative committees, task groups, or special projects
- Respond to code blue throughout campus
- ACLS/BLS and out of OR airway certification preferred
Recruitment and relocation incentive:May be authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Family Practice PhysiciansInternal Medicine PhysiciansPhysicians, Family PracticePhysicians, Internal Medicine
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/28/2020.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, kneeling, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician - Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly