Geri-PACT Clinic Medical Director
- He/she is responsible for overall clinical supervision and management of patients in the Geri-PACT Program.
- He/she is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of medical systems to deliver quality health care for the Geri-PACT patients, which includes performance improvement activities
- Monitors appropriateness of care provided to patients in the Geri-PACT Program
- Coordinates the educational and clinical experience of medical students, residents, and fellows assigned to the Geri-PACT Program
- The Medical Director of Geri-PACT serves as a Staff Physician within Geri-PACT clinic
- Serves as Staff Physician with affiliated Geri-PACT programs including Memory Clinic and the Falls reduction clinic
- Provides comprehensive care for our veteran population such as diagnosis, care, and treatment of assigned patients
- The incumbent will remain up to date with the latest medical treatments and procedures
- The Medical Director for Geri-PACT, updates, monitors and promotes compliance with VA regulations to include updates for changes in applicable VA Memos, Directives, or Guidelines
- Responsible for collaborating with community home health and hospice agencies as needed for GERI-PACT patients
Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 09/30/2020.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:Moderate lifting (15-44 pounds), moderate carrying (15-44 pounds), reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, walking (1 hour), standing (1 hour), near vision correctable to 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20, hearing (aid permitted), emotional/mental stability, working inside and outside, working closely with others, working alone, working with hands in water, protracted or irregular hours of work, slippery or uneven walking surfaces.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Geri-PACT Clinic Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly