Physician - Academics-Radiology
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging Division at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking BC/BE diagnostic ED Radiologist or Neuroradiologist to join our growing section of Emergency Radiology. The position is for final reads of all modalities with an emphasis on Neuroradiology. Our main campus is a 479-bed Level 1 trauma, academic, and research hospital in addition to a 245-bed level 4 trauma legacy county hospital. The department has a strong research core and is undergoing major investment in facilities and advanced technology.
Fellowship training in Neuroradiology or Emergency Radiology preferred. The current position is for the 1pm to 10pm shift, working 7 on 7 off, for a total of 26 weeks of work per year. The compensation package is competitive- above 50% for academic positions! Faculty Title is commensurate with experience and academic achievements.
We have several excellent radiology residents working with us on every shift. Our reading room is in the Emergency Department and is immediately adjacent to the trauma bays. With our inaugural section of Emergency Radiology (began in 2019), we are seeking a candidate who is energetic and motivated to us grow the all-new clinical, teaching and research collaborations across the Emergency and Trauma service line.
The Emergency Medicine department we partner with is highly respected and collegial- featuring 75 faculty, 78 residents and 7 fellowships programs. The combined Emergency Departments see approximately 135,000 patients per year! We are also a designated stroke center for Southern Arizona- with over 400 stroke codes per year- and dynamic Trauma Surgical Team caring for a balanced mix of blunt and penetrating trauma.
Essential Functions & Requirements:
- Neuroradiology Fellowship is required
- ABMS/ABR Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Arizona Medical License eligibility
- Ability to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues
- Experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
- Academic Involvement: include funding/grant opportunities through multidisciplinary collaborations, publishing of peer-reviewed manuscripts and participating in local and national educational opportunities
Banner Health's Total Compensation package includes:
- Loan Repayment, Sign-On, and Relocation Assistance available
- Attractive salary plus incentives
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Paid time off
- Paid CME
- Excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family
- Retirement package of 401(k) with matching and 457(b)deferred compensation plan
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Radiology
Apply for Physician - Academics-Radiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly