Physician - Hospice & Palliative Care - Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
Hospice & Palliative Care
No J1 or H1
Bon Secours Medical Group
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Bon Secours Medical Group, a physician-led multi-specialty group in Hampton Roads, Virginia is seeking a dynamic Palliative Care Physician to join our established team. Successful candidate will not shy away from hard work and has the motivation to support building a palliative care program in an underserved area.
On September 1, 2018, Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States’ fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nation’s 20 largest health care systems. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of our communities and brings good help to those in need, especially people who are poor and dying.
- Provide specialized care to patients with serious chronic illnesses
- Help patients and families improve quality of life by addressing symptom needs and defining care goals
- Facilitate coordination of care
- Provide inpatient consults and palliative care medicine referrals
- Daily palliative census is 18-24
- Work with a team oriented, multidisciplinary group including nurse practitioners, licensed clinical social workers, and clergy
- Full time, 8am, to 5pm. No on call currently
- Opportunity for paid Hospice call
- Strong support and resources from leadership
- Sky's the limit for leadership development
- BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Fellowship training in Palliative Medicine
Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia is the flagship hospital for Bon Secours Hampton Roads and serves as a regional referral center to the Hampton Roads region. The facility is home to many of the region's leading health care services and attracts specialists from the best programs in the country. Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View, an ambulatory surgery center with an outstanding array of outpatient health care services, operates as a department of Bon Secours Maryview.
Patients can expect leading-edge technology including high-quality imaging services, da Vinci surgical equipment and electronic medical records that help patients transition from hospital care to rehabilitation to primary care. Bon Secours Maryview staff focuses on high quality customer service, and the facility provides many private patient rooms.
Bon Secours Maryview is part of the Bon Secours Virginia Health System, which allows the hospital to tap into a large network of resources. As a Catholic health system, Bon Secours is committed to caring for the community it serves and staff who are "called to serve" others.
Apply for Physician - Hospice & Palliative Care - Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly