The staff Endocrinologist will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Physician should have expertise in Endocrinology and be able to treat and manage patients who have illnesses related to General Internal Medicine and Endocrinology. Physician should also be proficient and privileged in procedures related to Endocrinology.
- Provide comprehensive care to include diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and education of patients with Endocrinology conditions in the outpatient, inpatient and community living center settings.
- Physician will work closely with the Diabetic Education staff and provide support and guidance.
- Complete documentation and coding of visits accurately and timely.
- Evaluate, triage, and prioritize Endocrinology consult requests to ensure timely care for patients.
- Conduct telemedicine visits for patients in outlying clinics.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned, such as peer reviews, Compensation and Pension evaluations, and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPE).
- Coordinate care at VA or non-VA referral centers for patients requiring services not provided at the facility such as MOHS surgery.
- Attend staff meetings and service on committees, process improvement teams and workgroups as requested.
- Completes CME as required to maintain competency in Endocrinology and medical licensure.
- Completes HIPAA, Privacy and Security and other mandatory VA training in a timely manner
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Conditions of Employment
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 09/30/2020.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:Moderate Lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Reaching above shoulder; Walking (1 hour); Standing (1 hour); Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional/Mental Stability; Both hands required.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Endocrinology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly