Pulmonary &/or Critical Care Physician
Join our Team!
Parkview Health, the largest non-profit health system in northeast Indiana, is currently seeking a board eligible/board certified Pulmonary Critical Care physician to join our Pulmonary & Critical Care team.
Specifics of the Role
- Shift based, providing care to:
- Medical intensive care patients on a 7-day, 12-hour shift rotation approximately 11 weeks a year
- Pulmonary inpatients on a 5- or 7-day rotation, approximately 12 14 times a year (dependent on rounding shift assigned)
- Pulmonary outpatient clinics
- Week on/week off model available
- Collegial group of 20 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians made up of 5 Intensivists and 15 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians
- Our group is based out of Parkview s flagship hospital, Parkview Regional Medical Center,located on the north side of Fort Wayne, Indiana and our urban-sized hospital, Parkview Hospital Randallia
- Provide 24-hour Advance Practice Provider support and 24-hour physician coverage under a shift-based model
- In 2014, Parkview invested more than $65 million into this hospital in the form of physical renovations, care model transformation and physician recruitment
- Hospital remodeled, expanded and reopened an Intensive Care Unit, featuring 12 state-of-the-art ICU rooms with eICU technology
- $575 million-dollar tertiary medical center opened its doors in 2012
- Beautiful, new 450-bed state-of-the-art facility
- High acuity ICU (average 10-12 patients per day) with ECMO
- Due to growing demand, the system is adding an additional 6-floor tower including a 72 new inpatient beds and additional shelled space for projected future growth.
- Comprised of 10 hospitals, serving a patient population of 890,000 throughout 16 counties in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio
- Region s largest employer with more than 800 world class physicians and advanced practice providers and more than 13,000 co-workers that are committed to provided excellent care to every person, every day
- Utilizes EPIC as its EMR
- One of just a few Magnet designated health care systems in the country where each of its hospitals carry the distinct nursing designation
- Recognized multiple times as an IBM Watson Health Top 15 Health System, including most recently in 2019
- Highly competitive salary, with full time Pulmonary Critical Care physicians earning a minimum of more than $398,000 annually
- Eligible for annual incentive compensation plans that reward high-quality care and service excellence outcomes. When factoring in annual earnings from their salary and performance incentive compensation plans, employed Parkview Pulmonary Critical Care physicians find they can earn $420,000 or more annually
- Commencement bonus
- Student loan assistance up to $150k
- Paid relocation
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Full benefit package including retirement contribution plan, flexible spending accounts, health insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, dues, licensure & memberships, annual physician allowance (for CME s and other qualified expenses) as well as many other non-traditional benefits.
Northeast Indiana is in the middle of it all, located just three hours or less by car from Midwest cities including Chicago, Cincinnati and Indianapolis but with its own unique vibe and easygoing lifestyle.
Here, we offer the opportunity to create your version of the American dream, whether you re looking to grow your career, family or home.
Fort Wayne, the region s hub and Indiana s second largest city, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the U.S. and boasts some of the nation s lowest cost of living.
Putting the Life in Your Work-Life Balance
Northeast Indiana has the charm of small-town life, but with big-city amenities, like vibrant downtown Fort Wayne. It has dining and night life that rival the most eclectic places across the nation. We are big on outdoor adventures, and we love to explore. If you re a fan of professional sports, you won t be bored. If you like fairs, festivals and happenings, you ll have every weekend covered. There are so many events to keep you busy every day of the week!
We encourage you to come visit our growing health system and vibrant community and we will commit to welcoming you with our big-hearted hospitality.
Apply for Pulmonary &/or Critical Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly