Physician - Academics-Pathology
The Department of Pathology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson announces a faculty position opening for an experienced academic Pathologist with subspecialty training/experience in Gastrointestinal Pathology at Banner University Medical Center Tucson (BUMCT). The Faculty of the Department of Pathology plays a key role in supporting the mission of the College of Medicine to bring about better health and improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases for the people of Arizona and beyond through education, research, and patient care. The selected candidate will receive an academic appointment to the University of Arizona that is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will combine teaching, clinical work and scholarly activities at BUMCT. BUMCT is a 463-bed general medical and surgical facility with more than 25,000 admissions, 70,000 ED visits, and 14,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries on an annual basis. BUMCT is a level 1 trauma center and is home to an NCI-designated Cancer Center, which performs cutting edge research and patient care, is accredited through the Commission on Cancer (CoC). BUMCT performs bone marrow and stem cell transplantations, as well as solid organ transplants including heart, lung, kidney, kidney/pancreas and liver and the institution.
- Clinical service work in Surgical Pathology with emphasis in Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Administrative direction of the Gastrointestinal Pathology service
- Direction of the Gastrointestinal Pathology Fellowship
- Teach Gastrointestinal and Surgical pathology to residents, fellows and medical students.
- Participate in translational research and scholarly activities appropriate to academic medicine, Clinical Scholar track.
- Night and weekend Anatomic Pathology call, as needed
- Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology
- Completion of fellowship training and/or significant additional expertise in GI Pathology.
- Minimum years of experience: 3+
- Hold or be eligible for State of Arizona Medical License
- Demonstrated record of scholarly activity appropriate to academic medicine, Clinical Scholar track.
- Teaching experience (medical students, residents and/or fellows) in academic pathology
- Subspecialty expertise in additional area of surgical pathology or cytopathology is preferred
- 1.0 FTE
- Weekend/evenings on call approximately 1 week in 7
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Pathology
Apply for Physician - Academics-Pathology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly