Emergency Medicine Program Director
HCA alongside MAHEC in Asheville, NC is seeking an Emergency Medicine Program Director to lead our new GME program in the development and implementation of a new EM Residency Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to build a program.
- Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Have previous leadership / administrative experience
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program, and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
- Core Program Clinical Teaching
- General Administration
- GME Committees/Meetings
- GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
- GME Recruiting/Interviewing
- GME Research/Scholarly Activity
- Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
- Program Evaluation
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
Asheville is voted an excellent place to live by Outside Magazine, AARP, Food and Wine and recently Rolling Stone Magazine. A revitalized downtown, micro-breweries, variety of outdoor activities and a 'Foodtopia' culinary scene. Excellent public and private schools. Stunning place to live, work, raise kids, ride your bike, drink craft beer and sample fine arts.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly