- The Illinois Neurological Institute, OSF HealthCare s neuroscience service line headquartered in Peoria, Illinois, includes 50+ neurologists, neurosurgeons and physiatrists and 55+ advanced practice providers. Most faculty are fellowship trained. Subspecialties include spine, vascular, functional neurosciences, spine and brain tumors, pediatric, peripheral nerve, epilepsy and Gamma Knife.
- Physician must be board-eligible or board-certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
- Expanding neurosurgery program with potential to build a subspecialty neurosurgery practice in area of interest. Opportunity to develop clinical and simulation research in conjunction with the OSF Illinois Neurological Institute and state-of-the-art Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center in Peoria, Illinois.
- Tenure, or clinical, track academic appointment with UICOMP available to candidate depending upon interest/background and commensurate with experience.
- As an employed physician with OSF Healthcare Multi-Specialty Group, enjoy a strong referral base from our integrated healthcare network.
- EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
Competitive base salary plus incentives
4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays with 480 hours sick time/year
Loan repayment options
Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
St. Joseph Medical Center
- OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center is a 149-bed, Level II Trauma Center serving the communities of Bloomington Normal, Illinois, and surrounding areas. https://www.osfhealthcare.org/st-joseph/
- Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Dedicated Ortho/Neuro Inpatient Unit
- Advanced Tele-Neurology, providing 24/7 comprehensive emergency tele-neurology as well as tele-neurohospitalist coverage
- Board Certified Neuro-Radiologist providing 24/7 coverage for interventional procedures
- Leapfrog Safety Grade Straight A Hospital
- Recognized for nursing excellence with three-time Magnet designation
- Bloomington-Normal is a rural community with many of the amenities offered in larger metropolitan areas. Located in McLean County with a population of just under 175,000, residents enjoy outstanding schools, great restaurants and many diverse cultural entertainment opportunities.
- Located at the intersection of Interstate 55 and 74, Bloomington-Normal is conveniently located within two and a half hours of Chicago and St. Louis and three hours of Indianapolis.
- Bloomington Normal is home to the manufacturing operations of Rivian, a designer and manufacturer of emissions-free electric adventure vehicles. Rivian has recently received social media attention with Amazon placing an order for 100,000 electric delivery vans.
- McLean County Residents boast a higher than average attainment of post-secondary education with 52.2% achieving an associate s degree or higher; a tribute to Bloomington-Normal being home to two highly ranked universities, Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan and a top community college, Heartland Community College.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bloomington-Normal has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with State Farm being the largest employer in the area.
Apply for Neurosurgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly