Reports to: Division Director of the ICU
Provides the full scope of specialty services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to adult patients. Familiar with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of LifeBridge Health and works collaboratively to achieve them. This position will give you the opportunity to work in two different ICUs, one is a level two teaching hospital and the other is a community hospital in Baltimore County. The patient case mix includes both routine/moderate acuity and complex/high acuity patients. Responsibilities include clinical, teaching and administrative tasks as specified in the physician s signed Letter of Agreement. Responsible to comply with all Standard Terms and Conditions of the contract of employment and letter of agreement.
- This is 100% Intensivist/Critical Care position in an established Division of Critical Care to accommodate a growing program
- Location: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and some shifts at Northwest Hospital
- The new candidate is required to have completed or in the process of completing a Critical Care fellowship. Board Eligibility/Board Certification in Critical Care Medicine is required.
- This well-established Critical Care Division presently consists of 7 full-time Critical Care Intensivists and 8 full-time Critical Care Physician Assistants.
- The new Critical Care/Intensivist physician will practice at two hospitals. Sinai is a 483 bed, academic community hospital with 29 bed closed ICU beds. Northwest hospital is a 254 bed community hospital in Baltimore County, with 16-bed closed Intensive Care Unit.
- Shift schedules are made 3 months in advance. The 12 hour shifts at Sinai include a combination of days, nights and weekend shifts. There are no more than 4 to 5 nights per month since a full Intensivist does most of the nights at Sinai. The shifts at Northwest are day shifts only and may include an occasional weekend. The APPs staff the NWH ICU overnight with remote attending consultation from the Sinai night intensivist.
- Variable acuity and census range at both hospitals.
- EMR: Cerner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides in-house and on-call physician coverage for ICU patients.
- Admits, manages, and discharges ICU patients in a timely manner.
- Ensures high quality care to the patients in the ICU and ensures a safe and supportive environment.
- Oversees the clinical quality of care provided in the ICU.
- Communicates with providers requesting an ICU consult in a timely manner regarding admission to the ICU or recommendations for patient care.
- Responds to all calls, consults and Code Blue promptly.
- Examine, diagnose, treat or recommend courses of treatment for adults in the ICU
- Advise, order, and perform appropriate tests and interpretation of the results.
- Discuss diagnoses with patients/families, explain treatment options, and provide advice on medications, lifestyle and dietary changes, and other preventative measures.
- Remain up-to-date on current best practices, developments, trends, research, and technology in the field of Critical Care Medicine.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings as indicated.
- Timely and accurate completion of patient encounter documentation and billing.
- Procedural skills: All procedures that are part of the scope of practice for a BC/BE intensivist, including but not limited to: central line insertion with ultrasound guidance, arterial catheter insertion, IO insertion, thoracentesis, paracentesis, lumbar puncture, small and large bore chest tubes, intubation.
- Competitive starting base salary commensurate with the Intensivist/Critical Care physician s experience.
- Annual incentive bonus.
- Comprehensive fringe benefits package.
- Board Eligibility or Certification in Critical Care. Prefer that candidates have completed training in Internal Medicine (IM) residency.
- Maryland Medical License without restrictions
- Current CDS license
- Current DEA certificate
- BLS and ACLS certification
Physicians completing their Critical Care Medicine fellowship training as well as critical care physicians with prior work experience are welcome to apply and will all be strongly considered.
Apply for Staff Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly