Medical Director - Medical Groups and Provider Services (MGPS) Opportunity
Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group has an excellent opportunity for an established physician leader to join the executive team as a Medical Director, overseeing the Medical Groups and Provider Services (MGPS) operations in the greater Hartford, Connecticut service area.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Vice President of MGPS and provide direct leadership for MGPS and its managed practices. In this opportunity, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maximizing their clinical and leadership experience to achieve effective business results and support ongoing operation policies and procedures defined by our strategic plan.
- Providing executive direction for the medical management program, including integration of and compliance with payer mandate procedures, coordination of referral processes, and reporting on utilization data.
- Overseeing provider support services, including credentialing, staffing and recruitment within all managed practices.
- Being a champion for continuous improvement by developing and maintaining clinical quality programs.
- Providing guidance and direct leadership for administration of physician and non-physician provider compensation plans.
- Nurturing a patient-focused culture that encourages collaboration amongst all provider teams and provide direct consultation and management for all aspects of day-to-day operations of medical practices.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- An established, board-certified MD or DO with at least 5 years of clinical experience and an active medical license.
- Executive leadership experience or demonstrated experience in leading medical practice operations, including compliance issues, healthcare delivery systems, managed care and quality standards.
- Be a proven visionary with the ability to implement strategic initiatives that emphasize building and enhancing productivity, while exceeding patient and provider satisfaction goals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a physician seeking a leadership position
Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Trinity Health Of New England Medical Group is the driving force behind Trinity Health of New England - the region’s largest nonprofit health system. From Springfield, Massachusetts down through Connecticut, our inspired care team of more than 740 providers working together is united by a shared commitment to help patients achieve optimal health. With 95 integrated practice locations, we represent the full breadth of medical, surgical and primary care specialties delivering exceptional care to patients in communities throughout Trinity Health Of New England’s expansive service area.
Trinity Health Of New England is just beginning its story. Formed in 2015, the regional ministry's roots date back more than 100 years. The region’s largest and most comprehensive not-for-profit Catholic health system is a strategic partnership that includes Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center and Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut; Johnson Memorial Hospital in Stafford Springs, Connecticut; Saint Mary’s Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut; and Mercy Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Trinity Health Of New England serves a population of 3 million people with a singular patient focus: providing the best possible care, for the best possible outcomes. Focused on provider collaboration and rapidly growing, there are over 13,000 physicians, advanced practitioners and caregivers who, like you, put their patients above all else. This duality of progressive caregiving, combined with a deep commitment to meeting the needs of the most underserved in our communities, is a formula that resonates deeply with the legacies of our clinical partners in this region.
Trinity Health Of New England’s collaborative practice model empowers physicians to work at their highest level—and allows time for professional development and family life. Whether focused on providing outstanding patient-centered care, teaching the next generation of care providers or growing into a leadership role, it’s time to join Trinity Health Of New England.
As a member of Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Michigan, one of the nation's largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems, Trinity Health Of New England is uniquely positioned to advance health care through alliances with the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University, and through its own research institutions dedicated to the development of primary care, new treatments for cancer and MS, and much more.
Hartford, Connecticut - The state capital, has a population of approximately 125,000 residents. Home to Armsmear, the historic residence of industrialist Samuel Colt, inventor of the Colt revolver, Hartford now hosts major corporations, including Aetna, Cigna, United Technologies and Bank of America. It is also a city of neighborhoods—from “Little Italy” in the South End to the ornate homes of Keney Park to Upper Albany, known for its Caribbean restaurants. Hartford is home to the Mark Twain House & Museum, Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts, the renowned Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art and the Connecticut Science Center. Hartford has good public and private schools, as well as higher-education institutions, including Trinity College and the University of Connecticut. Hartford is served by major highways, Amtrak, Connecticut Transit and Bradley International Airport.
Practicing in Hartford, puts you in the heart of New England. This small city environment of 125,000 residents offers a tremendous selection of welcoming neighborhoods in which to live, excellent public and private schools, great restaurants, shopping, music, museums and historical areas. The central New England location puts you in close proximity to New York City and Boston with easy access to dependable air and rail services.
Apply for Medical Director - Medical Groups and Provider Services (MGPS) Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly