Program Manager - Physician Satisfaction
Program Manager - Physician Satisfaction
The AMA is a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA as the Program Manager on our Physician Satisfaction & Practice Sustainability (PS2) team. As part of the team, you will: Manage a portfolio of content and projects focused on intervention initiatives identified in PS2’s areas of focus; Facilitate the operational planning process and provide input on setting priorities and defining the tactics to execute the overall strategic plan; Identify key internal and external opportunities to collaborate in development and dissemination of products to support initiatives in the Practice Transformation area of focus; Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external organizations.
- Program Development and Management
- Manage a portfolio of content and projects focused on practice transformation interventions.
- Provide day-to-day management, planning and support for practice transformation projects including STEPS Forward™ practice improvement strategies.
- Refine operational processes for practice transformation initiatives.
- Create new modules and update content for the STEPS Forward™ practice improvement strategies portfolio.
- Develop and follow a defined process for project execution which includes development of project charters, assembling of project teams, task coordination, and issue management. Deliver project tasks on time, with high quality and ensure that deliverables/milestones are met. Identify barriers to a project’s successful execution and potential solutions; coordinate activities with other teams internal and external collaborators, as applicable and adhere to the budget.
- Provide subject matter expertise to AMA’s initiatives involving collaboration with external stakeholders (physicians, health systems, community-based organizations, non-governmental organizations, and governmental agencies) who align with the Practice Transformation strategic goals and objectives.
- Operational Planning
- Facilitate the operational planning process to achieve objectives set for the areas of responsibility and defined project portfolio; focusing on quality and process improvement.
- Provide input in drafting and setting priorities, defining testing methods; identify internal and external project collaborators, and identification of tools, educational offerings and resources needed for the strategy to be executed effectively.
- Review, analyze, and interpret relevant federal, state, and local regulatory policies, as needed. Identify, assess and capitalize on opportunities to engage other health professionals on a care team.
- Staff Management
- Provide support and oversight in: 1) assigning tasks and responsibilities to staff; 2) assuring that work products are of high quality and completed in adherence with established work plans and deadlines; 3) evaluating the job performance of direct or indirect reports; 4) providing career development opportunities and guidance.
- Manage Relationships
- Identify internal collaborators and foster opportunities to collaborate in development, and dissemination of products.
- Support PS2 management in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with external organizations viewed as key collaborators and/or relevant stakeholders. Define the project responsibilities, project activities and deliverables for collaborative work with external entities, as appropriate.
- Present content to external entities through webinars, boot camps, and coaching sessions.
- May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degrees required; Master’s degree preferred, preferably in business administration, healthcare management, public policy, public health, or related fields or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; preference for experience forming collaborations with physicians, other healthcare professionals and other relevant external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in project planning and project management required. Demonstrated experience with operational planning, budget planning, implementation and evaluation of multiple, complex projects including, convening project teams, organizing multi-faceted project plans, managing towards established time lines and project deliverables.
- Demonstrated analytical and data-driven approach to issues. Experience with analysis of Google Analytics data and knowledge of SEO best practices preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from different disciplines, contributing as a team member, as well as being self-motivated and a strong individual contributor.
- Strong writing skills required, especially in the ability to conceptualize issues, synthesize a response and write/develop reports.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills required, including experience presenting in a large group setting.
- Prior experience with staff management preferred.
- Experience in a clinical setting preferred, preferably in an ambulatory practice integrating and participating in team-based care; exposure to organized medicine and related organizations also preferred.
- Some travel required.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=1245. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION
Apply for Program Manager - Physician Satisfaction
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly