Chief Physician (CEN)
Chief Physician (IM/FP)
$293,532 - $302,340 annual salary (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$278,856 - $287,196 annual salary (Lifetime Board Certified)
Established to provide timely access to quality medical, dental, and mental health care within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s 35 correctional institutions, California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a dynamic California-licensed IM/FP physician to provide leadership to a dedicated team of primary care providers (PCP). These PCP teams, which may include physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, work in concert to deliver basic primary care to our diverse adult patient population.
CCHCS offers all of the benefits and stability of employment with the State of California, including:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Secure State of California pension that vests in five years
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans – tax defer up to $38,000 - $50,000 per year
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Paid Insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- And much more
We currently have an opportunity at Centinela State Prison located just south of Imperial County’s desert community of El Centro. With an array of metropolitan conveniences, natural attractions, and recreational activities, this is the ideal place to enjoy the work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS.
Take the first step toward leading this clinical team and contact us today!
You may also apply online at www.cchcs.ca.gov.