You will serve as a Anesthesiologist of the Department of Anesthesia of NAVMEDCEN PORTSMOUTH VA. The selectee will provide anesthesia to pediatric and adult patients for surgical, medical, and diagnostic procedures in and out of the operating room, providing pre-operative medical care for these patients.
This announcement uses the OPM Federal Wide direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- You will provide Anesthetic services in the Main Operating Room, Pre-Anesthetic Assessment Center, Post-operative Care Unit, and in all locations throughout the hospital where Anesthesia Services are utilized.
- Provide Neonatal and Pediatric home call coverage on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as determined by the Department Head.
- You will advocate for the patient during their per-operative care.
- Provide pain relief and maintenance, or restoration of a stable condition during and immediately following an operation, or obstetric, therapeutic, or diagnostic procedure.
- You will administer anesthesia and manage the medical care of patients before, during, and after surgery.
- Supervise, instruct, and evaluate performance of medical and paramedical personnel in anesthesia, respiratory, and critical care.
- You will independently conduct research efforts in the advancement of Anesthesiology.
- You will participate in continuous Improvement programs and processes.
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www .dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Must receive and maintain appropriate vaccination(s) and immunizations.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 10/29/2019 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used. Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of Anesthesiology experience at or equivalent to the GP-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: providing sedation and general anesthesia to neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients for surgical, medical, and diagnostic procedures in and out of the operating room; and providing a high level of care for patients experiencing problems with acute, chronic pain for patients with multiple complicated problems.
LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification. Failure to document the current certifications in your resume or application documents will result in an ineligible rating.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. If your Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree is from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States, you must have a permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), a Fifth Pathway Certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduated education in a foreign country, or successfully completed the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- RESIDENCY: 4 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Anesthesiology (e.g., 3 yrs. Residency & 1 year fellowship, experience or other training). Your resume must reflect you have a sufficient level of expertise in Anesthesiology to perform the core privileges of this position.
How To Apply
Your complete application (resume, assessment questionnaire, and all supporting documents) must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 11/12/2019. Applications received after 11/12/2019 will generally result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed. Send your resume only (provide detail description of duties under each work experience) to medjobs @navy.mil (no SSN or pictures please). Insert HC10627163 in your subject line.
To learn more about the position, please visit: https:// www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/548579800
Apply for PHYSICIAN (ANESTHESIOLOGY)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly