Division Chief, Newborn Medicine
Division Chief, Newborn Medicine
Baystate Children’s Hospital is the leading provider of general and specialty pediatric services in western Massachusetts, providing advanced medical care to babies, children, and adolescents in an environment that focuses exclusively on the needs of children and families. The 107-bed facility provides complete critical care programs, including the region’s only PICU and NICU, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, a designated emergency room just for kids, and outpatient specialty services. Additionally, Baystate Children’s Specialty Center houses 15 pediatric specialty services under one roof, with focus on care coordination, comfort and convenience for children and families. At Baystate Health, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start and advance their career.
We offer the exceptional, experienced leader a unique opportunity to advance the academic mission of our Division of Newborn Medicine in providing excellent patient care, teaching and scholarship.
Key components of the Chief position:
- Provide strategic, clinical, and academic leadership for our team of 7 neonatologists, 3 neonatal hospitalists and 11 neonatal APPs in our 55-bed level III NICU.
- Provide operational oversight of the newborn medicine clinical division.
- Enjoy a combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate.
- The division has access to pediatric subspecialties, pediatric surgery support, total body hypothermia, high-frequency ventilation (HFOV and Jet), iNO, and an in-house regional transport service.
- Cultivate and facilitate innovative clinical and QI research. Active areas of research: nutrition, neonatal abstinence, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, clinical trials, and quality improvement. Candidates with complimentary or unique clinical research interests are encouraged to apply.
- Teaching of Pediatric and Med-Peds residents and students from UMMS-Baystate and Tufts.
- Faculty position is also available- we welcome you to bring an outstanding neonatologist with you.
- 7+ years of experience post-training with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.
- A strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
- Academic record consistent with the level of Associate Professor or above at UMMS-Baystate.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
Baystate Health was named one of America’s Best employers by State in 2019 by Forbes. Ranked 14th out of 74 top employers in Massachusetts, Baystate Health is one of New England’s leading healthcare systems and the largest employer in the region. Patient-centered care is at the core of Baystate Health’s culture. We are committed to hiring clinicians who value a culture of compassion and appreciate diversity.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Charlotte Boney, Chair, Department of Pediatrics
Melissa Hale, Lead Senior Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-2624 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: Melissa.Hale@baystatehealth.org
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for Division Chief, Newborn Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly