Geriatric/Palliative Opportunity in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
BEAUTIFUL, COASTAL VIRGINIA
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
NEWPORT NEWS: Lifelong Health Medical Director
The Lifelong Health and Aging-Related Services division of Riverside Medical Group located is seeking a Geriatric or Internal Medicine physician who is passionate about working with older adults to join us at one of our upscale continuing care retirement communities: Warwick Forest.
NEWPORT NEWS: Palliative Care Director
Riverside Health System s Lifelong Health (LLH) division is seeking a Palliative Care Director to work with our interdisciplinary team. In this exciting collaborative leadership role for Riverside Health System, you would:
- Provide medical direction for an interdisciplinary palliative care consult team at Riverside Regional Medical Center, a 600-bed tertiary care hospital.
- Provide administrative leadership to three regional hospice programs and their medical directors.
- Implement models of care within other hospitals, LLH facilities and outpatient services, including integration with Riverside Medical Group practices.
- Support development of palliative care protocols and pathways by working collaboratively with the Service Line Chief and RHS Physician and Nurse Leadership.
- Assist with recruitment of additional palliative care physicians and APPs.
- Develop and establish a hospice and palliative care fellowship program.
- Enhance geriatric and palliative medicine education to attract medical students to Family Medicine and transitional residencies.
- Very competitive compensation
- 501(c)(3) organization
- Annual CME stipend
- Control your schedule
- Excellent benefits package w/ generous time off
- Relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice
- Sign-on bonus
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 650+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America s strongest healthcare delivery organizations-Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System recently celebrated its 100th birthday and employs over 10,000 team members. The flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia-a newly renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital that also supports three residency programs. Our system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to our ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
Apply for Geriatric/Palliative Opportunity in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly