Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Department of Medicine
Job Description: Gastroenterologist
Reports to: Division Director of Gastroenterology/ Department of Medicine Chair
Provides the full scope of specialty services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to adult patients. Familiar with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and LifeBridge Health and works collaboratively to achieve them. May be required to be on call during non-office hours, including some nights, weekends, and holidays. Responsibilities may include clinical, administrative, research, and teaching as specified in the physician’s signed Letter of Agreement. Responsible to comply with all Standard Terms and Conditions of the contract of employment and letter of agreement.
- Location: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and nearby community-based locations
- The practice includes four Gastroenterologists, three NPs, and two PAs
- Call coverage: rotation based
- Procedural skills: Interventional EGD and colonoscopy required, ERCP preferred.
- Opportunity to participate and mentor medical students and residents in clinical and QI research projects in Sinai’s freestanding Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Onsite nursing and APP support
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat or recommend courses of treatment for patients with particular emphasis on disorders of the gastroenterological, hepatic, biliary, and pancreatic systems in the outpatient practice as well as provide inpatient consults on a rotating basis
- Advise, order, and perform appropriate tests and interpretation of the results.
- Discuss diagnoses with patients, explain treatment options, and provide advice on medications, lifestyle and dietary changes, and other preventative measures.
- Carry out follow-up appointments, monitor patient progress, adjust treatment plans and medications, update patient records, and make referrals as needed
- Remaining up-to-date on current best practices, developments, trends, research, and technology.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Timely completion of patient encounter documentation and billing
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Gastroenterology
- In possession of or eligible for Maryland Medical License
- BLS and ACLS
- CDS and DEA
Apply for Gastroenterologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly