Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Department of Medicine
Job Description: Endocrinologist
Reports to: Division Director of Endocrinology/ Department of Medicine Chair
Provides the full scope of specialty services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to adult patients. Familiar with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and LifeBridge Health and works collaboratively to achieve them. May be required to be on call during non-office hours, including some nights, weekends, and holidays. Responsibilities may include clinical, administrative, research, and teaching as specified in the physician s signed Letter of Agreement. Responsible to comply with all Standard Terms and Conditions of the contract of employment and letter of agreement.
- Location: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and nearby community-based locations
- The practice includes six Endocrinologists and two NPs.
- Call coverage: rotation based
- Procedural skills: Fine Needle Biopsy and DEXA are preferred by not required
- Opportunity to participate and mentor residents and medical students in clinical and QI research projects in Sinai s freestanding Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Onsite nursing and NP support
- Onsite Continuous Glucose Monitoring and ultrasound
- Onsite Diabetes Resource Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat or recommend courses of treatment for adult diseases, with particular emphasis on disorders of the endocrine system and metabolism in the outpatient practice as well as provide inpatient consults on a rotating basis
- Advise, order, and perform appropriate tests and interpretation of the results.
- Discuss diagnoses with patients, explain treatment options, and provide advice on medications, lifestyle and dietary changes, and other preventative measures.
- Carry out follow-up appointments, monitor patient progress, adjust treatment plans and medications, update patient records, and make referrals as needed
- Remaining up-to-date on current best practices, developments, trends, research, and technology.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Timely completion of patient encounter documentation and billing
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Endocrinology
- In possession of or eligible for Maryland Medical License
- CDS and DEA
- BLS and ACLS
Apply for Endocrinologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly