Chief, Division of Gastroenterology

Location
Lubbock, Texas
Salary
Not Specified
Posted
Oct 15, 2019
Closes
Nov 14, 2019
Specialty
Gastroenterology
Hours
Full Time

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Lubbock Texas (TTUHSC) seeks candidates for the position of Chief, Division of Gastroenterology.  This Chief will have the extraordinary opportunity to join TTUHSC at an exciting period of transition and growth.  The successful candidate will be a collaborative and energetic leader who will build the division and its training program by inspiring and supporting existing faculty, as well as recruiting new faculty toward supporting TTUHSC’s missions in education, patient care, and research.

Reporting to the Chair, Department of Internal Medicine, the Division Chief is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the patient care, educational, and research activities of the division.  The Chief will oversee and lead the academic activities of the division, providing strategic guidance and decision making on matters relative to recruiting, faculty development, clinical services, and education of the trainees at the student, resident, and fellowship level.  In addition, the Chief would supervise the clinical activities of the faculty within the division.

With 64 full-time faculty, 28 subspecialty fellows, and eight full-time research faculty, the Department of Internal Medicine is the largest clinical department within TTUHSC's School of Medicine.  In addition to a robust clinical trials program, the Department's research activity includes programs funded through multiple National Institutes of Health and Department of Defense grants.

TTUHSC seeks an academician and clinician with an M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school and current board certification in gastroenterology.  Candidates must have successfully completed a sub-specialty fellowship in Gastroenterology, have at least five years of full-time working experience within an ACGME medical school, and be eligible for licensure in the State of Texas.  The division chief will work 75% time in private practice, as a partner in the private practice group at Covenant Health System, and perform the academic related work at the Department of Internal Medicine for the remaining 25% time to focus on the development and directorship of a new Gastroenterology Fellowship Program. 

Nominations, expressions of interest, and applications (including a cover letter and CV) should be submitted via email to Imran Ali, Jeff Schroetlin, and Claudia Teschky, the WittKieffer consultants supporting TTUHSC in this recruitment at TexasTechLubbockGI@wittkieffer.com.  Confidential inquiries and questions concerning this search may be directed to Imran Ali at 630-575-6142.  The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.  To review the full leadership profile, please click here.

Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in its' employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin,  age, disability, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.