Vice Chair of Research—Department of Orthopaedic Surgery: UAB Medicine
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s leading academic search firm, has partnered with the new Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Alabama School of Medicine to recruit a new vice chair for research at the associate professor or professor level.
The new Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Alabama School of Medicine is seeking an experienced leader to serve as the vice chair for research. The ideal candidate will have research interests in areas relevant to musculoskeletal medicines; demonstrated leadership skills; and experience in teaching and mentorship for medical students, residents, post-docs, and junior faculty. The individual must also have earned an MD, PhD, or MD-PhD with a track record of extramural funding.
- Responsible for the development of all research enterprises related to orthopaedic surgery
- Join top-ranked orthopaedic faculty who provide clinical services in a large tri-state region that includes Alabama, Georgia, and Florida
- Work alongside exceptional leadership with dedicated funding to support a top-ranked division of orthopaedic research
- Opportunity to work across lines of the schools of medicine, engineering, biomedical engineering, physical medicine, immunology and rheumatology, cell development and integrative biology, and public health to establish a robust research enterprise
- Unique opportunity to work with the only NIH-designated comprehensive cancer center in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas
- UAB has one of the busiest Level I trauma centers in the U.S.
- Children's of Alabama was again ranked among the nation's best children's hospitals by U.S. News & World Report
- The UAB School of Medicine is ranked #10 in NIH grant funding
- Competitive salary and benefits offered in addition to a rich research package
Bursting with Southern charm and hospitality, our diverse city in Alabama is rich in culture and offers a small-town feel and close-knit community that will allow you to feel at home as soon as you arrive. With a variety of events throughout the year and tremendous opportunity for families and individuals alike, our city has something for everyone.
- You will benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 21% lower than the national average.
- Our town boasts exceptional public and private schools, including the #7 best private high school in the state (Niche).
- Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for a variety of outdoor recreation, as well as top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city.
- Enjoy convenient access to Atlanta and its many amenities— including an international airport, live entertainment, and professional sporting events—as well as to the mountains and to the Gulf Coast for vacations.
- U.S. News ranks Alabama in the top 20 in Best States for Affordability
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact David King at email@example.com or at (866) 826-1217 and reference VCR-108049
Apply for Vice Chair of Research—Department of Orthopaedic Surgery: UAB Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly