Attending Physician III
Empower Every New Yorker Without Exception to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Sea View Hospital and Rehabilitation Center and Home is a 304-bed long term care facility located in Staten Island's lush Greenbelt. Serving the metropolitan area, it is easily accessible from all points by car and bus. Like many HHC facilities, Sea View has a long history. It opened its doors in 1913 as a sanitarium treating individuals suffering from the most feared disease of the time, tuberculosis. Today, the hospital is well-known for its long-term care brain injury unit, the first in New York State. Patients undergo intensive rehabilitation with the goals of restoring motor and cognitive functions and maximizing quality of life.
Under general direction performs or directly supervises the provision of the most difficult and highly specialized professional general or specialty medical work. In addition to the following:
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels patients.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff.
- Gives guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the health care team.
- Participates in the teaching of house staff, in staff conferences, and in research projects as directed.
- Plans, organizes and directs the operation of a major segment within a medical service or medical program in a hospital or similar health facility; or assists the Director of Medical Affairs in the planning, organizing and directing of the entire medical service or medical program.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of the service.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Director of Medical Affairs.
1. Graduation from an approved school of medicine; and
2. Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in New York State.
3. Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board
3. Five (5) years of full-time licensed experience as a physician practicing general medicine or in his/her field of specialty
acceptable to the Medical Board of the hospital.
Apply for Attending Physician III
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly