Black Lung, Pulm/CC - NCH
Norton Community Hospital, a division of BalladHealth, is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonologist with a background in Critical Care to join its growing Black Lung Clinic in beautiful Norton, Virginia. Provider will join a team that will observe, diagnose, prepare testing and treat patients for diseases of the lung; serve as a consultant to inpatients with pulmonary disease and ICU patients -including rounding, ordering diagnostic tests, medications and other treatment modalities in hospital and clinic located on campus. This opportunity not only allows you to grow as a provider, but expands your skill set by taking advantage of our on-the-job training in the growing field of Black Lung disease. Candidates should possess skills including arterial line placement and bronchoscopies (Critical Care and EBUS experience is a plus).
Highlights of the position
- Four day work week (10 hour days)
- No Black Lung experience necessary
- Strong support staff
- Average number of Black Lung patients per day 5-6
- Work with/teach Internal Medicine Residents
- Open ICU with code team and rapid response team
- Possible Research Opportunity & Future Growth
- Comprehensive benefits package including retirement
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Moving allowance eligible
Norton Community Hospital (NCH), a 129-bed hospital and one of 21 BalladHealth facilities. The service area includes a population of 75,000 – 100,000 located in southwestern Virginia and southeastern Kentucky. Our facility supports a wide range of healthcare services including surgery, OB/GYN, pulmonary and critical care, rehabilitation services and much more. Our hospital is recognized for its outstanding inpatient rehabilitation services, an osteopathic internal medicine residency program, black lung treatment services and high-quality imaging technology, among many other things.
In 2016, NCH completed the $13.1 million HealthPlex expansion, a new 39,000-square foot facility that includes a FitOne Wellness Center, Pharmacy – offering a drive-thru services, OccuMed Health Center, Primary Care offices, Orthopedics, Community Home Care, outpatient rehab services and cardiac/pulmonary rehab services.
- Small town living
- Centrally located office
- Easy, light traffic commutes to larger cities
- Moderately-sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly communities
- Excellent public and private schools
- Mild weather and 4 distinct seasons
- Incredible mountain vistas
- Abundant outdoor activities - hiking, kayaking, rafting, etc.
BalladHealth: It's your story. We're listening.
Apply for Black Lung, Pulm/CC - NCH
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly