Chief Medical Officer
HCA Houston Healthcare - Southeast
Pasadena, TX 77504
Size of Hospital: 481-beds
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been recognized for its comprehensive, compassionate healthcare for more than 50 years. Our 345-bed facility employs 1,500 staff and 250 board-certified physicians. Residents of Houston look to us for the best healthcare possible.
HCA Houston Southeast is the only hospital in Pasadena with both Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology and full accreditation by The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Our services include:
- Support groups
- Cath labs
- Nuclear medicine, Cat Scan, PET, MRI, Ultrasound
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Cardiac echo and vascular imaging
- Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Inpatient and outpatient
- Sleep medicine
- Day and night studies
- Women’s care
- Breast Health
- Women's Care Clinics with Midwifery
- Level III NICU
- Advanced Wound care
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
HCA Houston Southeast accreditations and recognitions
We are proud of our excellent patient satisfaction ratings. Our many awards and honors include:
- Full Accreditation by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation with Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Texas Healthcare Quality Improvement Award from the Texas Medical Foundation
- Laboratory Accreditation from the College of American Pathologists
- Designation as a Trauma Center from the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Commission on Cancer Approved Cancer Program
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Mission Lifeline STEMI Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award given by the American Heart Association
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Chief Medical Officer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required
Apply for Chief Medical Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly