Physician - Endocrinology
Join a successful practice specializing in the treatment of diabetes, thyroid, pituitary, osteoporosis and menopause issues in the outpatient setting. This current position will practice three days in Mechanicsburg, Pa., and two days in York, Pa., to contribute to growth in the York region.
- Join five physicians and one certified registered nurse practitioner in (primarily) outpatient endocrinology
- Inpatient consults as back up to advanced practice providers (APP) only
- Strong inpatient APP led program for diabetes control including educators and protocols which has resulted in reduced length of stay within the hospital and fewer infections
- Strong outpatient diabetes program with support for pumps, CGM, and education
- State-of-the-art technology for treating thyroid diseases including in-office thyroid ultrasound and biopsies
- Strong relationship with infusion center for endocrine testing
- State-of-the-art fracture and osteoporosis prevention program
- Primarily outpatient coverage with inpatient back up ( phone call ) coverage two months per year
- Board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology
- Endocrinology Fellowship. Will consider 2020 fellowship graduates.
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues
- CME time
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation Allowance
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.
About Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes—a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia—it’s a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America’s Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a 2–3 hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Apply for Physician - Endocrinology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly