Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
LifeBridge Health Critical Care
Job Description: Staff Intensivist
Reports to: Division Director of the ICU
Provides the full scope of specialty services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to adult patients. Familiar with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and LifeBridge Health and works collaboratively to achieve them. This position will give you the opportunity to work in two different ICUs, one located in a community hospital and the other in a secondary hospital. The patient case mix includes both routine/moderate acuity and complex/high acuity patients. There are also opportunities to work with residents at Sinai Hospital and APP’s at Northwest Hospital. The medical centers are located in/near an urban area of Baltimore. Responsibilities may include clinical, administrative, research, and teaching as specified in the physician’s signed Letter of Agreement. Responsible to comply with all Standard Terms and Conditions of the contract of employment and letter of agreement.
- Location: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and some shifts at Northwest Hospital
- Position is open due to a growing clinical program (acuity and volume) as well as a recent departure.
- Employed position with base salary plus bonus
- The practice includes nine Critical Care MD’s and 8 APP’s.
- The schedule varies week to week but shifts and schedules are assigned/created 3 months in advance.
- Inpatient – critical care position
- EMR: Cerner/Powerchart
- Call coverage: rotation based. Will be required to be on call during non-office hours, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
- On Call is limited to Northwest Hospital to support the APP at night.
- Procedural skills: Central line insertion with ultrasound guidance, arterial catheter insertion, small and large bore chest tubes (desired), intubation (desired), thoracentesis, paracentesis, lumbar puncture (prn)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides in-house and on-call physician coverage for ICU patients.
- Admits, manages, and discharges patients in a timely manner.
- Ensures high quality care to the patients in the ICU and practices in a safe environment.
- Oversees the clinical quality of care provided in the ICU.
- Responds to all calls promptly.
- Communicates with attending physician in a timely manner regarding admission to the ICU, changes in
- patient's status or in management of the case, and upon discharge from the ICU.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat or recommend courses of treatment for adults in the ICU
- Advise, order, and perform appropriate tests and interpretation of the results.
- Discuss diagnoses with patients, explain treatment options, and provide advice on medications, lifestyle and dietary changes, and other preventative measures.
- Remaining up-to-date on current best practices, developments, trends, research, and technology.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings
- Timely and accurate completion of patient encounter documentation and billing
· None. Works independently
- ACLS certification
- Board Certified in Critical Care. Ideally Pulmonary but would consider other disciplines.
- Prefer that candidates have completed training in Internal Medicine (IM) residency
- Maryland Medical License without restrictions
- Current CDS license and
- Current DEA certificate
- Will utilize Cerner, Healthstream, ECG machine, defibrillators and other medical equipment
- Would consider newly trained fellows
Apply for Staff Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly