Physician Advisor - UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UMBWMC), a member of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), is seeking a full time Physician Advisor to join our team.
The Physician Advisor is responsible for implementing a plan that engages the Medical Staff to collaborate with UMBWMC on a wide variety of initiatives that emphasize patient quality, effective documentation, prudent resource utilization and optimal reimbursement. Provides medical judgment on matters regarding physician practice patterns, appropriate utilization of hospital resources and assessment of medical necessity.
- Expertise in Utilization management and quality performance of physicians
- Provide physician leadership to Case Management and Nursing Department
- Assist in developing and monitoring programs designed to improve quality healthcare delivery
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- The ability to maintain a collegial, professional demeanor at all times
- Education & Training: Licensed MD or DO (valid license to practice in the State of Maryland)
- Work Orientation & Experience: Ongoing acute care practice is required. Minimum of 5-year clinical hospitalist experience.
- Experience in Utilization Review, Case Management, Quality Assurance, or Performance Improvement processes is preferred
- Skills & Abilities: Demonstrate skills in a) clinical assessments; b) effective critical thinking; c) excellent written and oral communications; and d) conflict resolution. Demonstrate knowledge of a) medical standards of care and best practices; b) acute care criteria and d) utilization management principles including Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to: a) communicate and collaborate effectively with both internal and external customers; b) assess, adapt, and calmly respond to changing and/or crisis environment; c) make decisions consistent with current policies, procedures, and ethical standards; d) prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively to complete duties; and e) be available to adapt hours to meet the needs of all customers
Physician will be on staff at UM BWMC, a 311 bed suburban community hospital consisting of 600+ physicians. The Hospital is located between Baltimore, Washington and Annapolis thus providing easy access to cultural, recreational and education opportunities. UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center is situated near the Chesapeake Bay, an enticing place to live, play and work because of the diversified lifestyles that are offered.
Join the UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center medical staff community where physicians work together to improve the practice of medicine.
UMMS hospitals and health care facilities are equal opportunity employers and proud of an environment of diversity
Apply for Physician Advisor - UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly