Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, along with RWJBarnabas Health, is hiring a board-certified Emergency Medicine Physician as the new Residency Program Director
As a brand new program with exciting career growth opportunities, we are expecting to have a total of 36 residents in a three year program starting in 2021.
The successful applicant must have requisite training and experience in research and demonstrate a track record of dealing with the following responsibilities:
- Programmatic operations, including but not limited to the recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, documentation, and advancement of residents
- Integration of the program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes the optimal environment for professional practice and medical education
- Ensures accreditation of the program through application of ACGME common and specialty requirements in cooperation with other system leaders and outside consultants
- Provision of thought leadership, organization and operation of the general administration of the residency program
- Development and successful execution of the strategic direction of the program
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
- 3 years as core faculty with leadership experience
- Substantial past involvement in scholarly activities
- Demonstrated leadership in obtaining ACGME accreditation, curriculum development, evaluation methodology, teaching, and mentoring residents
- Demonstrated excellence in an overall mix of skills including clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity that advance clinical medicine and institutional service
About RWJBarnabas Health:
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH in New Brunswick and Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and four accountable care organizations. RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey’s second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns – and routinely captures national awards for its outstanding quality and safety.
Community Medical Center, member of RWJBarnabas Health, is a 592-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital located in Toms River, NJ. Community Medical Center (CMC) is Ocean County’s largest and most active healthcare facility, offering a comprehensive array of services. Located in the heart of the Jersey Shore, this position is based near famous boardwalks, waterfront views, and local community attractions.
Emergency Department Profile
- 78,000 annual volume including 9,000 pediatric visits
- Self-run, 21-bed ED RDU
- 64 ED beds
- 8 PEDs beds
- 7 Fast Track beds
- Autism Friendly
- 24/7 one on one Scribe support
- Diverse pathology with ability to do procedures
- Wide range of sub specialist back up available including hand and neuro surgery
- Best nursing staffed ED in RWJ Barnabas Health system with experienced nurses and low turnover
- Dedicated Chest Pain Center with specialized cardiac care
- Consistently rated in the 99th percentile of high volume EDs by Press Ganey.
Benefits for Full Time Providers Include:
- New Increased Rate + RVU Incentives
- Health, Disability, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- CME/Business Expense Allowance
- A-rated Malpractice Coverage + Tail
- 401k with match
Ranked as one of the ‘Best Places to Live’ by Money Magazine, residents of Toms River, NJ are minutes from the New Jersey Shore and have endless options of outdoor recreation with access to both the Pinelands National Reserve and the Atlantic Ocean. Toms River, NJ features a dynamic downtown area
- ‘Best Places to Raise a Child’- Reader’s Digest
- 60 miles south of New York City
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly