The Department of Radiology at the Penn State University College of Medicine is seeking a full-time subspecialty trained candidate in the Division of Neuroradiology. The Department has a strong commitment to serve the clinical, education, and research mission of the University and a collegial and collaborative relationship with the clinical services. The Division of Neuroradiology has 7 fellowship trained full time faculty that cover a busy academic diagnostic and interventional service on track to perform over 50,000 examinations, primarily MRI and CT.
The successful candidate should have broad experience in interpretation of adult and pediatric diagnostic neuroradiology and minor neurointerventional procedures. They will participate in evenly distributed call and evening shift responsibilities. A passion for teaching is essential as the education of our medical students, residents, neuroradiology fellow, and staff is a core value of our academic mission. There is opportunity for clinical research through collaboration with our basic science investigators in the Penn State Center for NMR Research and MRI Core Research facility. This Center has 4 research faculty with unique expertise in application of fMRI and quantitative imaging biomarkers in the study of neurocognitive diseases and brain trauma. The Department recently established the Center for Optimizing Radiology Value (CORVA) dedicated to outcomes research in imaging and diagnostic pathways.
The Department has state of the art diagnostic imaging equipment including four Siemens 3.0 T clinical MRI scanners, an additional 3T Prisma scanner that is used for clinical research, four 128 slice Siemens Flash CT scanners, and a Neurostar biplane angiographic suite.
What We re Offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work with highly qualified, friendly colleagues in a supportive academic health network.
- Attractive area to live, work and play
- Interaction with dedicated clinicians in a collegial and collaborative environment
What We re Seeking:
- Medical degree - M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Subspecialty fellowship training in neuroradiology or equivalent experience
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board certification/eligibility in Radiology
What the Area Offers:
- Welcoming family-oriented lifestyle with a multitude of outdoor activities year-round
- Strong sense of community
- Affordable cost of living. Both suburban and urban.
- Excellent schools
For additional information, please contact:
Jenna Spangler, Physician Recruiter
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/ Disabled.
Apply for Academic Neuroradiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly