Chief Medical Officer - Acute Care Level I Trauma
Chief Medical Officer
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Downers Grove, IL
Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital is our high performing, multi-designated Magnet®, 333-bed acute care medical center located 23 miles west of Chicago. AGSM is the only health care organization in the state to earn the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and is the only Level I Trauma center in DuPage County. Offering 68 specialties, including a Level III NICU, eICU support 44-Bed ICU, Bhorade Cancer Center and 15-ultra-modern operating rooms and a same-day surgical unit. This top-performing healthcare institution, named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals by Health Grades (2017) requires an equally outstanding and top performing Chief Medical Officer.
In 2018 Advocate Health Care and Aurora Health, with commonality in their core values, merged with the purpose To Help People Live Well. Together we are the 10th largest, nonprofit health care system in the nation, providing access to 28 hospitals, 500+ ambulatory care sites, 70k team members and 8,100 affiliated providers.
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
As an integral part of the senior management team, you’ll participate in the development of the strategic and operating plans, ensuring integration with the organization and fluid communication of plans to physicians.
- Leads performance improvement, resource management, and quality related activities of the medical center.
- Serves as the senior physician leader responsible for clinical quality, safety, clinical care delivery systems and outcomes.
- Assists medical staff in formulating standards of care, providing strategic direction and facilitating communication between the medical staff and administration to ensure and positive relations.
- Assists in representing medical staff interests to administration; fosters an environment of team work, collaboration and mutual trust between administration and nursing leadership.
- Assigned to acute care medical center in the Illinois market and aligns medical staff goals with the site, financial, market and organizational objectives and strategies.
- Coordinates a system center-wide Performance Improvement Program to include establishment of standards of performance, monitoring mechanisms and outcomes tracking for medical center departments and medical staff. Guides and directs activities of the physician teams.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Illinois Medical License (MD/DO)
- Board Certification.
- Minimum 5 years physician experience.
- 3-5 years progressive medical management experience.
- Preferred formal management education. (i.e. MBA)
- Demonstrated continuous education in management and leadership development. (i.e. CPE)
- Experience with financial and clinical risk management.
- Experience with and commitment to Accrediting Organization and NCQA performance improvement expectations for health care organizations.
- Familiarity with HEDIS 3 indicators for quality.
- Experience with and commitment to continuous performance, safety and quality improvement methodology. (Identify, collaborate, understand, improve, mentor, assess).
** Previous Chief Medical Officer experience overseeing multi-specialty, acute care hospital is highly preferred.
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people:
And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. Here, you’ll find opportunities for ongoing learning, career enrichment, competitive compensation and an innovative work environment. But more than that, you can change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion live at the foundation of our culture at Advocate Aurora Health. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone.
Apply for Chief Medical Officer - Acute Care Level I Trauma
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly