What Kind of Doctor Works in Corrections? The Kind Ready to Lead.
$293,532 - $302,340 (Time-Limited Board Certified) $337,560 - $347,688* (Time-Limited Board Certified) * Doctors at these institutions receive additional 15% pay.
California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking dynamic physicians to provide leadership to dedicated teams of primary care providers (PCP). These PCP teams, which may include physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, work in concert to deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population.
These leadership opportunities come with all of the stability and benefits that come with State employment and are available at the following locations:
- Centinela State Prison – Imperial
- California Institution for Women – Corona
- High Desert State Prison – Susanville
- Ironwood State Prison – Blythe
- R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility – San Diego*
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility – Corcoran*
- San Quentin State Prison – San Quentin