Regional Hospital Medicine Division Director
The Division of Hospital Medicine at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine is searching for a nationally-renowned physician leader for the regional position of Division Director. The Division Director provides leadership for all aspects of the Hospital Medicine Division including clinical service, operations, and growth and will oversee all three sites that comprise Loyola Medicine. The incumbent will be responsible for recruitment and retention of faculty and will serve as a mentor to all division faculty. The Division Director will work closely with the Department of Medicine and create efficient clinical services that deliver compassionate and evidence-based care for hospitalized patients across all campuses. The Division Director will build a just culture based on teamwork, open communication, excellent clinical care, innovation and accountability.
The Division Director will oversee the following
- Inpatient care at Loyola University Medical Center and other Loyola Medicine sites
- Oversight of associate division directors of all Loyola Medicine sites
- Recruitment of exemplary faculty in support of Loyola Medicine's mission
- Develop and implement a strategic regional hospital medicine plan at all Loyola Medicine sites standardizing hospital medicine practices
- Provide for meaningful faculty academic development
- Coordinate special projects that address administrative, academic, clinical and training initiatives
- Collaborate with the Chairperson of medicine on financial and workload strategies
- Development of clinical programs and services that align incentives for expert and compassionate care, patient and faculty satisfaction, and quality outcomes that optimize operational efficiencies for Loyola Medicine
- Development and maintenance of inpatient hospital service models that balance the demands of quality and expertise with the need for cost-effective and flexible capacity management
- Collaborate with Vice Chair of Quality in the Department of Medicine and the Associate Chief Medical Officer for Quality and Safety to champion quality initiatives within the Division of Hospital Medicine
Minimum requirements for consideration include:
- Board certification in General Internal Medicine or Focused Pathway in Hospital Medicine
- Experience as a practicing hospitalist in a tertiary care academic medical center
- Academic and scholarly accomplishments to qualify for the rank of Associate Professor or Professor at Loyola University School of Medicine
- A track record of training medical students and residents
- Mentorship of junior faculty toward career success in academic hospital medicine
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience with leading a hospital medicine section or division
Based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Loyola University Health System is a quaternary care system with a 61 acre main medical center campus and 22 primary and specialty care facilities in Cook, Will and DuPage counties. The medical center campus is conveniently located in Maywood, 13 miles west of the Chicago Loop and 8 miles east of Oak Brook, Ill. The heart of the medical center campus, Loyola University Hospital, is a 570 licensed bed facility currently undergoing a significant expansion project. It houses a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Burn Center and the Ronald McDonald® Children’s Hospital of Loyola University Medical Center. Also on campus are the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola Outpatient Center, Center for Heart & Vascular Medicine and Loyola Oral Health Center as well as the LUC Stritch School of Medicine, the LUC Niehoff School of Nursing and the Loyola Center for Health & Fitness.
Interested candidates should address cover letter and CV to Dr. Ravi Durvasula and email to Colleen Chenevey, Physician Recruitment Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ravi Durvasula, MD
Chairman, Department of Medicine
Loyola University Medicl Center
2160 S. First Avenue
Maywood, IL 60153
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply for Regional Hospital Medicine Division Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly