Pediatric Neuroimmunology, Developmental Neuroscience Research Faculty: Pacific Northwest
The Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time pediatric developmental neuroscience research faculty position. The Papé Family Pediatric Research Institute capitalizes on the robust resources of the OHSU neuroscience community—one of the largest in the U.S. Additionally, the OHSU Brain Institute has more than 1,000 scientists and clinicians. It is one of the nation’s leading centers for neuroscience and ranks in the top 2% for competitive grant support from the National Institutes of Health.
The successful candidate will work on the basic or translational aspects of neuroimmunology, developmental neuroscience, and/or childhood brain diseases (including brain cancer). We are seeking an individual who is a physician-scientist (MD/PhD) and will also consider PhD and/or MD candidates who have excellent track records of successful research funding or clear paths toward additional research success (minimum of three first-author publications in high-impact journals; previous federal funding for research, preferably K or R awards).
Additional information regarding this opportunity:
- The ideal candidate should have a highly interactive research program with the potential to synergize or enhance those of the department and the institution, which includes neuroinflammation, learning and memory, cognitive neuroscience, pediatric brain cancer, neuronal development, and neurobiology of childhood-onset diseases.
- Investigators focused on inflammation and metabolism in other organs, particularly the gut, are also encouraged to apply.
- An endowed-professorship is also available for a cancer researcher. This individual will already be at the full professor rank and will have a long, sustained track record of grant funding and high-impact publications.
- For a junior research package, we are searching for faculty who qualify for appointments at the assistant professor level.
- The successful candidate’s research efforts must be linked to pediatrics.
Ample resources available to support your research efforts
Located in a breathtaking region of the Pacific Northwest, Portland is a wonderfully diverse community full of opportunity with stunning beauty around every corner.
- Portland boasts some of the top-ranked public and private schools in the state, including 3 of the top 10 schools in Niche’s “Best Public High Schools in Oregon” and “Best Private High Schools in Oregon.”
- With a mild climate throughout the year and beautiful nature all around, Portland is the perfect place to enjoy an array of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, golfing, fishing, kayaking, skiing, rafting, boating, windsurfing, and much more!
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Jay Torio at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (866) 406-0269 and reference NEUR-105733