Director and Endowed Chair, Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis: Leadership Opportunity at the UM
The University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a board certified pediatric pulmonologist with a passion for treating cystic fibrosis to serve as the Director and Endowed Chair of Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis. This role offers an exciting leadership opportunity for the right candidate to take on the responsibilities of organizing and coordinating a team of dieticians, respiratory therapists, nurses, and other clinicians. Work will also include monitoring the Cystic Fibrosis Pediatric Center’s research grants and coordinating with the sweat chloride test laboratory.
- The ideal candidate will have research experience related to cystic fibrosis. This role offers an ample amount of protected time for research and administrative work.
- We are seeking an individual who exudes strong leadership qualities, as he or she will oversee a top 10 pediatric cystic fibrosis center (in terms of metrics) as well as an internationally recognized pediatric therapeutic development network.
- The qualified candidate will join a team of several research coordinators, four pediatric pulmonologists, two nurses, a nurse practitioner, a dietician, a social worker, and a respiratory therapist.
- This opportunity also offers an affiliation with an adult cystic fibrosis program and incredible opportunities to collaborate within a Big 10 Land Grant University academic campus.
- Opportunity for endowed chair title and endowment funds
Part of the 14th largest metropolitan areas in the United States (according to the U.S. Census Bureau), Minneapolis offers an exceptional quality of life to all of its residents. The Twin Cities region is an outdoor enthusiasts dream, featuring a riverfront skyline, breathtaking waterfalls, an array of lakes, and more hiking and biking trails than you could imagine. Additionally, with a local university and NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB teams, you will be able to enjoy collegiate and professional sporting events throughout the year.
- Medscape ranks Minnesota No. 1 in Best Places to Practice, and U.S. News ranks it No. 3 in Best States Overall
- As a resident of Minneapolis, you will have access to exceptional public and private schools, including one of the top 20 elementary schools and 2 of the top 20 private schools in the state (according to Niche).
- You will have convenient access to the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, ranked #3 in “Top 10 Domestic Airports” by Travel + Leisure magazine.
- You will enjoy a variety of individual and family-friendly events throughout the year, including one of the largest state fairs in the nation, as well as an abundance of top-notch entertainment and unique shopping and dining options.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Jay Torio at email@example.com or at (866) 406-0269 and reference PPD-104819
Apply for Director and Endowed Chair, Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis: Leadership Opportunity at the UM
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly