Baltimore, MD: OB Laborist for large teaching hospital. Shifts are from 12 - 14 hours, includes ...
- Position Type
HEADLINE: Baltimore, MD: OB Laborist for large teaching hospital. Their Division of Ob/Gyn is staffed with 18 Ob/Gyns, 2 Urogynecologists, 2 Gyn/Oncologists and 3 MFMs. The dept does a high volume of deliveries. Shifts are from 12 to 14 hours, including weekends and nights. 3 shifts per week or 12 shifts per month. Level 3 NICU. Robotic equipment available. Responsibilities also include supervising and teaching residents as part of their ACGME certified program. $ Excellent earning potential.
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland:
- Please see below regarding information about the city of Baltimore.
- Located in Baltimore, Maryland, the Department of Ob/Gyn at a large teaching hospital is seeking to recruit a full-time OB Laborist to join their Division of Ob/Gyn.
- This ideal Laborist candidate is someone who has prior work experience. However, this is not a requirement.
- The Division of Ob/Gyn is currently staffed with 18 general Ob/Gyn physicians, 2 Urogynecologists, 2 Gyn Oncologists and 3 Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians.
- With an active and very large medical staff of physicians, this Division of Obstetrics/Gynecology is a Center of Excellence .
- It also has an academic affiliation with a prestigious medical school.
- This modern, state-of the-art teaching hospital s Division of Obsetrics/Gynecology performs 2,000 births annually.
- It has a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- They are also have DaVinci Robotic equipment.
- The unit is further supported by their team of Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists for high-risk pregnancies.
- The Divisions of Gynecologic Oncology and Urogynecology are also available for surgical support as indicated.
- Shift/Work Schedule:
- A. This is a full time position with regularly scheduled shifts that are from 12 to 14 hours and include weekends and nights.
- B. Three shifts per week or 12 shifts per month.
- C. Four weekend shifts per month: This would be on Sunday, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- D. There are two weekday shifts per week. Weekday shifts are from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Qualified candidates will provide inpatient coverage for Labor and Delivery, OB triage, the post partum floor and Emergency Department consults.
- Responsibilities also include supervising and teaching residents as part of their ACGME certified program.
- There is opportunity to teach at this state-of-the-art, premier and prominent teaching institution.
- This excellent OB Laborist position is due to increased patient volume and area growth.
- All their Ob/Gyn physicians are all employed by this well-regarded teaching hospital. This hospital is owned by a regional health-care system.
- They are offering a very competitive starting base salary. It will be commensurate with the Laborist s experience.
- There is also a productivity incentive.
- In addition, they provide a comprehensive fringe benefits package.
- The earning potential is excellent!
INFORMATION REGARDING BALTIMORE, MARYLAND:
- Baltimore, Maryland has approximately 800,000-plus residents with a service population 1,000,000 plus.
- It is the largest city in Maryland and one of the great port cities of the world.
- Baltimore is an exciting city, with charming neighborhoods, ethnic and cultural diversity, Chesapeake Bay cuisine and a wealth of history.
- This great city also offers excellent educational facilities.
- You will also be able to take full advantage of, and have easy accessibility to, historical Washington, D.C., and is located only 45 miles away.
- Baltimore has a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy nearly every palate.
- It is also a sports fan's dream come true, including baseball, football and soccer teams.
- A temperate climate, beautiful waterfront homes, great shopping, superb dining options, excellent educational facilities, and a plethora of cultural activities all contribute to making Baltimore a great city to live and work as a Laborist!
Apply for Baltimore, MD: OB Laborist for large teaching hospital. Shifts are from 12 - 14 hours, includes ...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly