Adult Hospitalist Physician
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
We’re looking for full-time Adult Hospitalists
PIH Health is a nonprofit health and wellness network serving Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Our integrated system consists of 747 beds at two acute care hospitals and a multi-specialty medical group, Family Medicine and DO residency programs, hospice, home health and a wide range of other services.
About the Opportunity:
The prospective candidate will join an established multi-specialty medical group and be part of a Hospitalist group of over 20 physicians:
- Cover PIH Health Hospital – Downey and may cover PIH Health Hospital – Whittier
- Block schedule of 7on/7off (Days)
- 24/7 in-house Intensivist coverage at both hospitals with no ICU responsibilities
- 24/7 specialist back-up is available for all specialties
- At the hospitals of PIH Health, we take a team approach to our patients care. That means our highly trained professionals from many medical specialties work together to focus on the specific needs
We have a full-time employment opportunity for a Board-Certified Internal Medicine Physician to serve as an Adult Hospitalist in our Hospitalist Program. The Adult Hospitalist provides inpatient care in coordination with hospital department to ensure high quality patient care. This individual must have excellent communications skills and be able to work with PCPs, specialists, patients, families, other hospital departments and administration. The hospitalist admits and conducts daily rounds on assigned hospital patients and works with the hospital multidisciplinary team to allow patients to receive the level and type of care they need.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to have the following:
- Board Certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine (preferred) or Family Medicine w/experience (considered) and an active California MD/DO License
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate from an accredited Internal Medicine Residency program
- Three (3) years direct patient care hospitalist experience
- Demonstrates expertise in communication: able to work with team members, PCPs, specialists, nursing directors, and hospital departments to effectively facilitate the care of patients by admitting and rounding on hospital patients
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with Group standards, medical staff by-laws, pathways/best practices
- Knowledgeable regarding an Adult Hospitalist scope of practice.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities
- Independent performer
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Enjoy living less than an hour from the coast and downtown Los Angeles
- Enjoy living just a little over an hour to the desert and mountains form some winter snow.
- Enjoy more than 310 days of sunshine Southern California living
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
Find out why Physicians commit to work for PIH Health:https://www.pihhealth.org/services/heart-care/
Apply for Adult Hospitalist Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly