Emergency Medicine Physician
Envision Physician Services is seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine trained physicians in Southern Ohio.
Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) is a 236-bed not-for-profit hospital providing emergency and surgical care as well as a wide range of other health-care services. SOMC has received top honors from The Joint Commission and was named one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Places to Work in America. SOMC is the first hospital in the region to achieve the American Nurses Credentialing Center's highest honor, the Magnet recognition status. Receiving the national gold standard for safety and health, SOMC has been awarded the Voluntary Protection Program Star Designation.
Emergency Department Profile
- 52,000 annual patient volume
- 33 private treatment rooms
- Advanced Practice Provider coverage
- Fast track
- EMR Picis ED Pulsecheck
- BC/BE in Emergency Medicine
The city of Portsmouth is approximately 80 miles south of Columbus and 110 miles east of Cincinnati, with easy access to major metropolitan areas in the Tri-State Region. Portsmouth is the county seat of Scioto County and is one of the most picturesque regions in the state surrounded by rolling hills, lush hardwood forests and scenic waterways. Friendly people, a low crime rate, a qualified workforce, great schools, beautiful surroundings and an affordable cost of living make Portsmouth a wonderful place to live.
- Located on the northern banks of the Ohio River
- Within 45 minutes of Marshall University
- One of the oldest shipping ports on the Ohio River
- Home to the Shawnee State Forest with abundant fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and more.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led organization that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time, per diem, employed or independent contractor (site- and specialty-specific) opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an organization that delivers unmatched opportunities and resources, including:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM) Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services.
Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women’s and Children’s, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly