Chair, Department of Hospital Medicine New Orleans, LA
Chair, Department of Hospital Medicine
World renown Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana is in search of a Chairman for our Hospital Medicine Department to join a highly motivated team committed to providing the best inpatient experience possible.
What we seek:
- Board Certified Internist at least 5 years of relevant experience in a leadership role, leading a team
- Excellent clinician with proven leadership, team building, management experience and a strong academic background
- Experience as a current Chair, Vice Chair or Assistant Chair of a similarly sized program
- Success in: building or assisting in building, a significant Hospitalist program, leading and mentoring a larger group of hospitalist physicians, engaged with quality and process department improvement, problem solving, financial performance, relationship building across disciplines, education and academic endeavors, and involvement in specialty organizations at the local, regional and national levels
Compensation and Benefits:
- No limitations, outstanding and highly competitive salary
- Include equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid Malpractice coverage and a favorable
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- GME allowance
Department and Faculty Highlights for this Position
- Will lead 40 physicians and 15 advance practice providers who divide their time between direct patient care and tertiary care environment, teaching medical students and medicine residents and participating in clinical research
- Comfortable work schedule with group setting and quality time to care for 10-15 patients per day through utilizing Epic as our integrated electronic medical record system.
- Recognition in US News and World Report and named Thomson Reuters top 15 major teaching hospitals in the US
Interested candidates, please submit your CV directly to our Director of Physician Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org. No J1 Visas accepted
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Chair, Department of Hospital Medicine New Orleans, LA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly